I'm new tohere and would really appreciate some help. Me and my partner are going to New York this November, and im hoping it will be a fabulous once in a lifetime trip. I've put together an itinerary that i think suits us, but was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to check it over and point out any logistical errors or things ive missed/other suggestions! It is both of our first time to the city and we are both in our mid-twenties.
Day 1 - arrive JFK at approx 20.00, get back to the hotel (midtown west 35th street) settle in and acclimatise!
day 2 - statue of liberty and ellis island trip, walk through wall street on the way back. return to hotel and change, then dinner somewhere and empire state building
day 3 - walk around central park, ice skating at wollman rink, possibly eat lunch at the boat house, then visit the met museum and then walk down 5th avenue and window shop. back to the hotel and change, dinner somewhere and then visit times square and walk down broadway
day 4 - world trade centre memorial site, Train to brooklyn and walk down brooklyn heights promenade, then back across brooklyn bridge at approx 16.30 (which i think is the approx sunset time in mid/late november) back to hotel and change. then dinner in and a walk around china town
day 5 - walk around a bit day - see grand central station, new york public library, Chrysler building, more 5th avenue/park avenue wandering (plaza hotel). Possiblly a carriage ride in central park if havent done it yet. Then go down town to make it for a 16.00 departure for the semi circle cruise. back to hotel and change, then out for dinner
day 6 - check out of hotel and store luggage. visit the highline and greenwich village (may do the food tour here as have heard it is very good) and then the intrepid air and space museum (partner is in the military and interested in this sort of thing). back to hotel to pick up luggage then to be at newark international airport for a 21.15 departure flight
does this sound feasible? I want to fill my days but not do to much so we feel rushed. most lunch and dinner restaurants are still undecided. I havent included a broadway show as we ave seen alot in london recently and feel this is an expense we can spare. Any feedback would be really greatly appreciated - id much rather find out now that something doesnt work!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 3 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 4 San Diego, mission valley
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 7 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 8 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 9 Sedona to Vegas
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 12 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 13 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 14 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 15 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 16 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 San Fran
- 19 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 20 Seattle?
- 21 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 22 SF and northern California - October
- 23 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 24 Alabama trip in Dec
- 25 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.