I'm new tohere and would really appreciate some help. Me and my partner are going to New York this November, and im hoping it will be a fabulous once in a lifetime trip. I've put together an itinerary that i think suits us, but was wondering if anybody would be kind enough to check it over and point out any logistical errors or things ive missed/other suggestions! It is both of our first time to the city and we are both in our mid-twenties.
Day 1 - arrive JFK at approx 20.00, get back to the hotel (midtown west 35th street) settle in and acclimatise!
day 2 - statue of liberty and ellis island trip, walk through wall street on the way back. return to hotel and change, then dinner somewhere and empire state building
day 3 - walk around central park, ice skating at wollman rink, possibly eat lunch at the boat house, then visit the met museum and then walk down 5th avenue and window shop. back to the hotel and change, dinner somewhere and then visit times square and walk down broadway
day 4 - world trade centre memorial site, Train to brooklyn and walk down brooklyn heights promenade, then back across brooklyn bridge at approx 16.30 (which i think is the approx sunset time in mid/late november) back to hotel and change. then dinner in and a walk around china town
day 5 - walk around a bit day - see grand central station, new york public library, Chrysler building, more 5th avenue/park avenue wandering (plaza hotel). Possiblly a carriage ride in central park if havent done it yet. Then go down town to make it for a 16.00 departure for the semi circle cruise. back to hotel and change, then out for dinner
day 6 - check out of hotel and store luggage. visit the highline and greenwich village (may do the food tour here as have heard it is very good) and then the intrepid air and space museum (partner is in the military and interested in this sort of thing). back to hotel to pick up luggage then to be at newark international airport for a 21.15 departure flight
does this sound feasible? I want to fill my days but not do to much so we feel rushed. most lunch and dinner restaurants are still undecided. I havent included a broadway show as we ave seen alot in london recently and feel this is an expense we can spare. Any feedback would be really greatly appreciated - id much rather find out now that something doesnt work!
new york itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 7 Locker at JFK
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 San Diego grocery stores
- 10 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Question about Miami travel
- 15 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 16 Key Largo, FL
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 19 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 20 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 driver for airport pick up in NY