The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 6 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 7 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 11 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 12 Biloxi questions again
- 13 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 16 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 19 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 20 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 23 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 24 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 25 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?