The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 2 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 3 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 4 San Antonio, Texas
- 5 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 6 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 7 Parking in Naples Florida
- 8 Boston Airport Hotels
- 9 Nashville Never Been
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 12 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 13 Uber boston
- 14 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 15 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 16 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 17 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 18 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 19 Colorado Itinerary
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 What is there to do on MAUI
- 22 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 23 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 24 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...