The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 2 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 3 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 4 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 5 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 6 Southern history- walkable cities
- 7 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 8 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 9 New Software
- 10 MOAB NP
- 11 JFK-connection
- 12 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 13 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 14 10 days vacation in Maine
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 17 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 18 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 19 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 san fransisco to crater lake
- 22 Family reunion ideas
- 23 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 24 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...