The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://rhinorx90eveningblog.com/max-test-ultra/
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 4 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 5 Looking a Good Call Girl Service in Jayanagar Bangalore
- 6 Education for higher school
- 7 NYC For The Day
- 8 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 9 9-10 day trip to WA
- 10 Atlanta With Toddler
- 11 Turo?
- 12 USA family tour
- 13 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 14 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 15 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 16 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 17 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 18 Kauai planning help
- 19 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 20 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 21 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 22 California Trip
- 23 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 24 Need help nailing down the details
- 25 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...