The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 2 Lunch in Central Park
- 3 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 4 My travels to Monument Valley
- 5 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 6 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 7 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 10 Las Vegas trip report
- 11 Oregon Coast road trip
- 12 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 13 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 14 Miami for 2 days
- 15 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 16 How much cash do you travel with?
- 17 Food Festival Tour
- 18 Boston area hotels
- 19 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 20 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 21 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 22 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 23 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 24 seattle apartment
- 25 Universal Studios vacation
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...