The Story ...
Last summer, DH proposed that we take a trip to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was decided that New York City in April would be the perfect place to mark this milestone birthday. Well, it's certainly better than a large cake with many candles!
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order!
Number 10: The Warwick New York Hotel - Avenue of the Americas at 65 West 54th Street (www.warwickhotels.com)
Attractive public areas with old-world details. Excellent customer service from the front desk, concierge, restaurant & lounge - professional, helpful, friendly.
Our room was located on the 23rd floor. It was a spacious, light-filled room with a king-sized bed and a comfortable sitting area. It had a wrap-around stone terrace with views up & down West 54th Street! We could walk out in the morning to assess the weather and again in the evening to gaze at the amazing city views. If the weather had been warmer, it would have been lovely to sit on the terrace and enjoy a drink! We could hear very little street noise from the 23rd floor. The occasional siren was just enough to remind us that we were in NYC where life goes on all around us!
We selected the Warwick's 'Bed & Breakfast' plan. Breakfast in Murals on 54th consisted of a buffet of cereals, baked goods, fruit, yoghurt, cold cuts & cheeses, hot items such as French toast, eggs, sausage & bacon. Such variety! Fresh squeezed orange juice and delicious coffee were served at the table! It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, we certainly had a good start to each morning!
The Warwick was well-situated for many of the sights we planned to see. Two subway stations were located about 3 blocks away from the hotel. Needless to say, we put our walking shoes to the test for the entire week!
Next: Number 9 - iconic buildings & landmarks ...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 2 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 3 BYOB in New York City
- 4 Broadway show tickets
- 5 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 6 Sedona to Vegas
- 7 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 8 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 9 4th of July in Chicago
- 10 Chicago Cab
- 11 Restaurants in DC
- 12 Hawk's
- 13 Oahu hotels
- 14 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 15 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 16 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 17 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 18 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 19 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 20 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 21 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 22 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 23 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 24 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 25 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
New York City: Top 10 ... in no particular order! ( April 20-27, 2013)
The Story ...