I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
New York City to Cooperstown via Hudson Valley
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 3 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 4 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Biloxi questions again
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans