I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 2 Hawaii Help
- 3 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 4 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 5 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 6 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 7 Yellowstone in early May
- 8 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 9 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 10 Wine Country
- 11 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Renting a car with DWAI
- 14 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 15 San Francisco first visit.
- 16 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 17 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 18 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 21 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 22 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 23 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 24 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 25 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)