I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 2 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 3 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 4 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 5 Nashville Questions
- 6 Summer vacation
- 7 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 8 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 15 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Driving to Naples fl
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 What to do in San Diego
- 22 Disney for Florida residents
- 23 Our Boston Getaway
- 24 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 25 Ground Transportation Denver Airport to Downtown