I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Christmas in Colorado
- 2 DC Restaurants
- 3 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 4 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 5 JFK to Washington
- 6 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 7 Phoenix for the weekend
- 8 Marfa/Big Bend
- 9 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 10 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 11 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 12 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 13 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 14 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 15 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 16 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 17 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 18 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 19 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 20 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 21 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 22 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 23 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 24 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 25 Eating Well In Manhatten