I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
New York City to Cooperstown via Hudson Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Best Destination in USA
- 3 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 4 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 7 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 8 x mas
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 18 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 19 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 20 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 21 New Orleans help please
- 22 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 23 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 24 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 25 los angeles restaurants