I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
New York City to Cooperstown via Hudson Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 2 Hilton Midtown New York
- 3 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 Tour companies
- 6 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 7 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 8 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 9 Round trip from Chicago
- 10 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 11 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 12 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 15 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 16 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 17 Apartment Rentals DC
- 18 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 19 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 24 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 25 new york plays