I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 June 2018 cruise in SE Alaska
- 2 Four days in Maine for Anniversary & Birthday
- 3 7 days in colorado
- 4 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 5 yk's family trip to The Berkshires, July 2017
- 6 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 7 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 8 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 9 Curious question about drug tests and Amsterdam...
- 10 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 11 Please provide info on NYC Tenement Museum
- 12 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 13 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 14 Is a trip to the Florida keys for us?
- 15 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 16 Annual Trip to NOLA - Satchmo and Flooding ?!?
- 17 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 18 Best LUXURY, Ocean Front Condo Rental on Maui for TWO
- 19 Family road trip
- 20 Solo Yosemite Lodging
- 21 Trip to Anchorage
- 22 South road trip
- 23 South road trip
- 24 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 25 95 or 81