I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atlanta With Toddler
- 2 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 3 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 4 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 5 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 6 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 7 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 8 NYC For The Day
- 9 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 10 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 11 9-10 day trip to WA
- 12 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 13 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 14 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 15 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 16 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 17 Turo?
- 18 USA family tour
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 Kauai planning help
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 25 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness