I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 testimony
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 7 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 8 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 9 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 10 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 11 Northern California Redwoods
- 12 Seaside, California
- 13 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 14 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 17 Denali
- 18 JFK Terminal 8
- 19 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 20 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets