I will be visiting NYC for two weeks Sept 2013.
I want to rent a car and go to Cooperstown to spend one night and see the HOF in the morning.
Some places I though I might stop at on the way are...
Lynhurst, Sleepy Hollow, Stoney Point, Bear Mountain, West Point, Mohawk Mountain, Walkway over the Hudson and on to Cooperstown.
My questions are, Is this too much for one day of driving?
Should I skip any of them?
Anything I should add?
Anything to see between Pooghkepskie and Cooperstown I should add?
Here is a Google Map I created.
Also I was interested in a drive around Staten Island, Long Island and maybe out to Block Island but I will create a new thread for that.
Thanks for your help,
New York City to Cooperstown via Hudson Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 6 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 7 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Breckenridge in October
- 13 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 14 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 15 Richmond highlights?
- 16 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 17 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 20 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 21 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Washington DC in Spring?
- 24 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 25 montana vs ft nelson bc area