For some reason, my daughter has mentioned her interest in NYC several times. I was born there and vividly remember how exciting the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was as a child (I'm early 30's), so I decided to take her over the break. We like walking, eating at nice restaurants, museums, ballets and shows. I recently took her to a John Williams themed symphony and a showing of Chicago, but she likes magic shows, zoos and animals, too. Please post any recommendations and tips on times. I heard Lady Liberty's Crown is closed from October 29th, so I guess we will miss that. It's just her and myself, Wednesday through Sunday Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks in advance for your input!
New York City for Thanksgiving Break with 5 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 7 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 8 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 9 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 10 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 18 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 19 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 5 week in US/Mexico
- 24 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 25 10 day trip to California