For some reason, my daughter has mentioned her interest in NYC several times. I was born there and vividly remember how exciting the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was as a child (I'm early 30's), so I decided to take her over the break. We like walking, eating at nice restaurants, museums, ballets and shows. I recently took her to a John Williams themed symphony and a showing of Chicago, but she likes magic shows, zoos and animals, too. Please post any recommendations and tips on times. I heard Lady Liberty's Crown is closed from October 29th, so I guess we will miss that. It's just her and myself, Wednesday through Sunday Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks in advance for your input!
New York City for Thanksgiving Break with 5 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 2 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 6 Cape Cod trip report
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 13 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 18 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 19 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 20 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 21 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 24 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 25 Seafood