For some reason, my daughter has mentioned her interest in NYC several times. I was born there and vividly remember how exciting the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was as a child (I'm early 30's), so I decided to take her over the break. We like walking, eating at nice restaurants, museums, ballets and shows. I recently took her to a John Williams themed symphony and a showing of Chicago, but she likes magic shows, zoos and animals, too. Please post any recommendations and tips on times. I heard Lady Liberty's Crown is closed from October 29th, so I guess we will miss that. It's just her and myself, Wednesday through Sunday Thanksgiving weekend. Thanks in advance for your input!
New York City for Thanksgiving Break with 5 year old daughter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle