2 adults (child free) mid 50's visiting NY (12 days) for 2nd time (first time in Winter), staying with friends, wanting to 'do' NY in warmer temps but also interested in visiting Philidelphia, Boston, Gettysburg and anywhere else on the East coast which is able to be done in a few days without too great a cost. Would love to go as far south as N Carolina to the Outer Banks but fear not enough time. Would value any suggestions. Not too keen driving ourselves, prefer a bus tour or maybe rail. Having seen NY once and made a good attempt to visit museums, churches, etc...now ready to take advantage of warmer weather and less obvious sights. Help Gill (NZ)
New York but branching out...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 2 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 5 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 6 Dining in D.C.
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 Jersey City Parking
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 Washington DC Metro
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 13 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 14 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 15 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 16 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 17 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 18 Alaska cruise and land
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 23 NYC taxi vs car service
- 24 rain in Kauai
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco