My wife and I are looking at visiting New York and Washington over Christmas. My wife is really keen on experiencing the whole Christmas and New Year in New York, whilst we thought of also spending some time in Washington. Currently we are still in the planning stage and I'm looking for general guidance on best areas and places to stay and must see attractions, as well as suggestions on best way to travel between New York and Washington. Suggestions on how to split our time between the 2 destinations are also welcome. As well as any other info you think might be valuable
Some general info:
Total expected duration of trip: 10 days
Arrival date: Sometime between 16 and 22 December
Daily budget for accomodation:+- $150 - $250
New York and Wahington in December - Itinirary Suggestions etc
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Travel West Coast
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 7 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 13 Rafting near Denali
- 14 Colorado in the summer!
- 15 Kennebunkport and....?
- 16 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 17 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 18 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH