Hi, 2 40+ ladies escaping husbands and kids for bucket list trip to NYC. We are there for 9 days in mid-Sept. Accommodation - we are looking at Hotel Giraffe or Hampton Inn Manhattan Chelsea as they include breakfast and we wanted 2 separate beds (noticed that a lot of hotels don't have twin rooms and the ones that do charge a lot). How much are breakfasts in NY as in Aust you would pay $20 each for a basic one (thats the reason for looking for a hotel which included breakfast). Thoughts on either hotel?? We want to do normal sightseeing, 2 broadway shows and a lot of shopping! Any hints?? Shopping- are there any sales on during Sept and is it worth going to Woodbury Common? Thanking you in advance for any help.
New York 1st time for 2 ladies flying solo
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 2 San Diego with Kids
- 3 Tour companies
- 4 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 5 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 6 San Francisco - mid October
- 7 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 8 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 9 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 10 Cape Cod
- 11 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 12 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 13 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 14 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 15 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 16 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 17 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 18 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 19 Getting around the Big Island
- 20 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 21 best of yellowstone
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 24 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 25 New York Yankee Station