I know that every once in a while the question of public transit to Annapolis comes up, and I just wanted to let you all know that we now have transit access all day Saturdays
YTS is now running a van SIX days a week (excluding federal holidays), at $5 per trip, from New Carrollton to Annapolis and back.
When taking the van from New Carrollton, be aware that the van does not pick up from the bus lane but from the Kiss and Ride lane (the one with the taxis). When exiting the station, cross the bus lane and walk to the bus stop shelter on the right side. A van labeled "921" will pull in a few minutes before the scheduled departure side. (I know it looks a little bit sketchy, but it is actually the right van...)
In the last few weeks, they have added not only Saturday runs, but two midday runs. See the schedule for further details.
If you have not yet seen the adorably quaint capital city of Annapolis, you should!!
Hope this helps,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 2 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 3 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 4 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 5 Boston waterfront Italian
- 6 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 7 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 8 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 9 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 10 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 11 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 12 Kids Vacation Place
- 13 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 16 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 17 Day in Spokane
- 18 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 19 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 20 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 24 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017