I know that every once in a while the question of public transit to Annapolis comes up, and I just wanted to let you all know that we now have transit access all day Saturdays
YTS is now running a van SIX days a week (excluding federal holidays), at $5 per trip, from New Carrollton to Annapolis and back.
When taking the van from New Carrollton, be aware that the van does not pick up from the bus lane but from the Kiss and Ride lane (the one with the taxis). When exiting the station, cross the bus lane and walk to the bus stop shelter on the right side. A van labeled "921" will pull in a few minutes before the scheduled departure side. (I know it looks a little bit sketchy, but it is actually the right van...)
In the last few weeks, they have added not only Saturday runs, but two midday runs. See the schedule for further details.
If you have not yet seen the adorably quaint capital city of Annapolis, you should!!
Hope this helps,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 2 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 5 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 6 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 7 Southwest US
- 8 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 11 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 12 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 13 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 14 Glacier to Banff
- 15 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 16 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 17 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 18 Boston to see Sargent works
- 19 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 20 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 21 Harlem, NY
- 22 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 23 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 24 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 25 Another Yellowstone Lodging question