I know that every once in a while the question of public transit to Annapolis comes up, and I just wanted to let you all know that we now have transit access all day Saturdays
YTS is now running a van SIX days a week (excluding federal holidays), at $5 per trip, from New Carrollton to Annapolis and back.
When taking the van from New Carrollton, be aware that the van does not pick up from the bus lane but from the Kiss and Ride lane (the one with the taxis). When exiting the station, cross the bus lane and walk to the bus stop shelter on the right side. A van labeled "921" will pull in a few minutes before the scheduled departure side. (I know it looks a little bit sketchy, but it is actually the right van...)
In the last few weeks, they have added not only Saturday runs, but two midday runs. See the schedule for further details.
If you have not yet seen the adorably quaint capital city of Annapolis, you should!!
Hope this helps,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 2 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 3 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 4 Glacier National Park
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 7 Vegas with toddler twins
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 Traveling Alone
- 10 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 11 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 12 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 13 Arizona in late January
- 14 New Mexico in May
- 15 Las Vegas Vacation
- 16 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 17 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 18 disneyland
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 21 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 22 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 23 OHare car service north suburbs
- 24 California Coast in January
- 25 Key West