My husband and I are just starting to plan a trip to New Orleans this Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is my first post about this trip -- very exciting!) and are looking at staying at the Dauphine Orleans. It looks lovely and I've read a lot of great things about the location and some of the rooms. Which brings me to my question... A lot of the reviews mention staying in the "rooms across the street with the courtyard". I'm wondering whether the comments are referring to the Hermann House or the Carriage House?
As far as I can tell, our best options are a lovely smallish room in the Hermann House, a suite in the Hermann House or a superior room in the "Carriage House" with a jacuzzi tub for 2 (I'm a big bath person and so the big jacuzzi tub is enticing). I'm wondering about the differences between these two types of rooms and which would be better? Any help here would be great! Also, none of these rooms seem to have a balcony -- is this something to re-consider?
Thanks so much in advance! I'm so looking forward to hearing back!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 2 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 3 Steamboat in August
- 4 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 5 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 6 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 7 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 10 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 11 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 12 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 13 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 14 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 15 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 16 Cape cod Labor Day
- 17 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 18 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 19 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 20 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 21 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 22 US Open Tennis
- 23 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 24 Hotels in San Diego
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour