My husband and I are just starting to plan a trip to New Orleans this Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is my first post about this trip -- very exciting!) and are looking at staying at the Dauphine Orleans. It looks lovely and I've read a lot of great things about the location and some of the rooms. Which brings me to my question... A lot of the reviews mention staying in the "rooms across the street with the courtyard". I'm wondering whether the comments are referring to the Hermann House or the Carriage House?
As far as I can tell, our best options are a lovely smallish room in the Hermann House, a suite in the Hermann House or a superior room in the "Carriage House" with a jacuzzi tub for 2 (I'm a big bath person and so the big jacuzzi tub is enticing). I'm wondering about the differences between these two types of rooms and which would be better? Any help here would be great! Also, none of these rooms seem to have a balcony -- is this something to re-consider?
Thanks so much in advance! I'm so looking forward to hearing back!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 2 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 3 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 4 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 5 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 6 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 7 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 8 New Hampshire
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 14 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 15 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 16 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 17 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 18 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 19 Beaches in Florida
- 20 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 21 Nashville Questions
- 22 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 23 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 24 Downtown Chicago
- 25 Pittsburgh to New York City