My husband and I are just starting to plan a trip to New Orleans this Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is my first post about this trip -- very exciting!) and are looking at staying at the Dauphine Orleans. It looks lovely and I've read a lot of great things about the location and some of the rooms. Which brings me to my question... A lot of the reviews mention staying in the "rooms across the street with the courtyard". I'm wondering whether the comments are referring to the Hermann House or the Carriage House?
As far as I can tell, our best options are a lovely smallish room in the Hermann House, a suite in the Hermann House or a superior room in the "Carriage House" with a jacuzzi tub for 2 (I'm a big bath person and so the big jacuzzi tub is enticing). I'm wondering about the differences between these two types of rooms and which would be better? Any help here would be great! Also, none of these rooms seem to have a balcony -- is this something to re-consider?
Thanks so much in advance! I'm so looking forward to hearing back!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 2 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 3 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 4 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 5 US Trip
- 6 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 7 Bryce and Zion planning
- 8 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 9 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 10 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 11 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 14 Ohio to NYC
- 15 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 18 4 days road trip southern New England
- 19 Philly Itinerary Help
- 20 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 21 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 22 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Boston with baby
- 25 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio