My husband and I are just starting to plan a trip to New Orleans this Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is my first post about this trip -- very exciting!) and are looking at staying at the Dauphine Orleans. It looks lovely and I've read a lot of great things about the location and some of the rooms. Which brings me to my question... A lot of the reviews mention staying in the "rooms across the street with the courtyard". I'm wondering whether the comments are referring to the Hermann House or the Carriage House?
As far as I can tell, our best options are a lovely smallish room in the Hermann House, a suite in the Hermann House or a superior room in the "Carriage House" with a jacuzzi tub for 2 (I'm a big bath person and so the big jacuzzi tub is enticing). I'm wondering about the differences between these two types of rooms and which would be better? Any help here would be great! Also, none of these rooms seem to have a balcony -- is this something to re-consider?
Thanks so much in advance! I'm so looking forward to hearing back!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 4 florida gulf coast
- 5 Road trip advice needed please
- 6 Visting a friend during layover
- 7 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 8 Chicago restaurants
- 9 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 10 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 11 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 12 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 15 Newark long term parking
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Help plan my trip please
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 22 Maui, early August
- 23 Going to the sun road open
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 Alaska trip itinerary