My husband and I are just starting to plan a trip to New Orleans this Spring to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is my first post about this trip -- very exciting!) and are looking at staying at the Dauphine Orleans. It looks lovely and I've read a lot of great things about the location and some of the rooms. Which brings me to my question... A lot of the reviews mention staying in the "rooms across the street with the courtyard". I'm wondering whether the comments are referring to the Hermann House or the Carriage House?
As far as I can tell, our best options are a lovely smallish room in the Hermann House, a suite in the Hermann House or a superior room in the "Carriage House" with a jacuzzi tub for 2 (I'm a big bath person and so the big jacuzzi tub is enticing). I'm wondering about the differences between these two types of rooms and which would be better? Any help here would be great! Also, none of these rooms seem to have a balcony -- is this something to re-consider?
Thanks so much in advance! I'm so looking forward to hearing back!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF to Monterey to Yosemite
- 2 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 3 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 4 One day in Dallas
- 5 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 6 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 7 Biloxi Suggestions
- 8 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 9 4 Days in LV
- 10 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 11 Michigan advice needed
- 12 louisiana bayou
- 13 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 14 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 15 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 16 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 17 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 18 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 19 October in Colorado
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Yosemite Valley showers
- 22 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 23 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 24 LegoLand Florida
- 25 Casual dinner in the theater district