Will be visiting New Orleans later in the year and trying to decide where to stay – will be in NO for 3 days mainly for sightseeing.
Tossing up between Omni Royal Orleans (French Quarter) or The Hyatt (downtown once re-opened).
Offered a great rate at the Hyatt however is this area safe during the day and night .. how easy is it to get to the French Quarter and around the rest of NO from this location.
Many thanks for your advice.
New Orleans - where to stay - Downtown or French Quarter
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 2 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 3 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 10 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 11 Alaska
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 15 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 16 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 San Diego grocery stores
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah