Hi everyone I am on my US roadtrip which I will post about fully when I return. It has been amazing so far thanks in no small part to the advice of the Fodors participants so thank you very much! Now, we are in New Orleans, leaving tomorrow, want to get to Nashville ASAP since we really want to see it & we need to drop our rental car to Memphis for a flight home by Monday. So we have 4 days. It looks too far to get from NOLA to Nashville in one day - any suggestions of where to stop off en route if we can't do it in one? Also, once in Nashville we would like to stay centrally but we will have a car and need parking (ouch?) so any well priced but decent inns/hotels would be appreciated. We've avoided chain hotels so far so it would be great to continue with that but it's not a deal breaker. This is the only part of the trip we haven't carefully pre-planned so I hope you can help. Thanks guys!
New Orleans to Nashville by road
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Universal studios/Orlando
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Wedding venue in NH
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Alaska
- 17 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 18 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 19 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 20 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 24 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 25 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?