Hi everyone I am on my US roadtrip which I will post about fully when I return. It has been amazing so far thanks in no small part to the advice of the Fodors participants so thank you very much! Now, we are in New Orleans, leaving tomorrow, want to get to Nashville ASAP since we really want to see it & we need to drop our rental car to Memphis for a flight home by Monday. So we have 4 days. It looks too far to get from NOLA to Nashville in one day - any suggestions of where to stop off en route if we can't do it in one? Also, once in Nashville we would like to stay centrally but we will have a car and need parking (ouch?) so any well priced but decent inns/hotels would be appreciated. We've avoided chain hotels so far so it would be great to continue with that but it's not a deal breaker. This is the only part of the trip we haven't carefully pre-planned so I hope you can help. Thanks guys!
New Orleans to Nashville by road
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaskan coast travel options
- 2 Timeshare Nightmares
- 3 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 4 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 5 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 15 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 16 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 19 Chicago Questions
- 20 Air Connections on Maui
- 21 camaro hire in waikiki
- 22 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 23 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 24 Breckenridge in October
- 25 New Orleans in November - too cool?