Hi everyone I am on my US roadtrip which I will post about fully when I return. It has been amazing so far thanks in no small part to the advice of the Fodors participants so thank you very much! Now, we are in New Orleans, leaving tomorrow, want to get to Nashville ASAP since we really want to see it & we need to drop our rental car to Memphis for a flight home by Monday. So we have 4 days. It looks too far to get from NOLA to Nashville in one day - any suggestions of where to stop off en route if we can't do it in one? Also, once in Nashville we would like to stay centrally but we will have a car and need parking (ouch?) so any well priced but decent inns/hotels would be appreciated. We've avoided chain hotels so far so it would be great to continue with that but it's not a deal breaker. This is the only part of the trip we haven't carefully pre-planned so I hope you can help. Thanks guys!
New Orleans to Nashville by road
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 4 Madison Square Garden
- 5 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 8 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 16 Warm and don't Drive
- 17 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 20 Biloxi questions again
- 21 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 24 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 25 San Antonio