Hi everyone I am on my US roadtrip which I will post about fully when I return. It has been amazing so far thanks in no small part to the advice of the Fodors participants so thank you very much! Now, we are in New Orleans, leaving tomorrow, want to get to Nashville ASAP since we really want to see it & we need to drop our rental car to Memphis for a flight home by Monday. So we have 4 days. It looks too far to get from NOLA to Nashville in one day - any suggestions of where to stop off en route if we can't do it in one? Also, once in Nashville we would like to stay centrally but we will have a car and need parking (ouch?) so any well priced but decent inns/hotels would be appreciated. We've avoided chain hotels so far so it would be great to continue with that but it's not a deal breaker. This is the only part of the trip we haven't carefully pre-planned so I hope you can help. Thanks guys!
New Orleans to Nashville by road
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 2 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 3 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 4 adams morgan - safety
- 5 Morning in miami
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 8 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 9 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 10 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 11 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 12 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 15 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 16 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 17 What To See and Do in the Grand Rapids Area
- 18 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 19 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 20 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 21 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 22 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 23 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 24 Grand Marais?
- 25 US Southwest