We are a family of three, couple with a 19 y.o. spending 3-4 days in New Orleans over xmas,before heading for a reunion in Atlanta. What would be the most interesting stops on the way??? Should we try Natchez and Vicksburg or head to Birmingham and Selma. We all love history, but aren't into visiting plantations/old houses. We've heard there is a civil rights museum somewhere that is good and are debating the coastal route v. inland. Would welcome any and all suggestions and good restaurant/hotel ideas as well. We will have about 3-4 days. Many thanks!
New Orleans to Atlanta: what to include
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 2 Driving time from Santa Cruz to San Simeon
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Whale watching in July
- 5 Sunday Brunch Southern California
- 6 Big Sur?
- 7 Backpacking in April
- 8 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 9 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 10 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 11 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 12 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 13 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 14 Driving along Pacific Coast at Night
- 15 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 16 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Public Transportation in Chicago with kids?
- 19 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 22 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 23 Upstate New York/Upper Hudson River Valley Weekend
- 24 Destination Wedding Charleston
- 25 Yellowstone trip planning help