We are a family of three, couple with a 19 y.o. spending 3-4 days in New Orleans over xmas,before heading for a reunion in Atlanta. What would be the most interesting stops on the way??? Should we try Natchez and Vicksburg or head to Birmingham and Selma. We all love history, but aren't into visiting plantations/old houses. We've heard there is a civil rights museum somewhere that is good and are debating the coastal route v. inland. Would welcome any and all suggestions and good restaurant/hotel ideas as well. We will have about 3-4 days. Many thanks!
New Orleans to Atlanta: what to include
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 5 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 11 Rafting near Denali
- 12 Travel West Coast
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants