We are a family of three, couple with a 19 y.o. spending 3-4 days in New Orleans over xmas,before heading for a reunion in Atlanta. What would be the most interesting stops on the way??? Should we try Natchez and Vicksburg or head to Birmingham and Selma. We all love history, but aren't into visiting plantations/old houses. We've heard there is a civil rights museum somewhere that is good and are debating the coastal route v. inland. Would welcome any and all suggestions and good restaurant/hotel ideas as well. We will have about 3-4 days. Many thanks!
New Orleans to Atlanta: what to include
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 3 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 4 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 5 Roads into Estes Park
- 6 Whale watching
- 7 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 8 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 13 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 14 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 17 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 18 Road Trip
- 19 New York City Restaurants
- 20 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 21 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 22 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 23 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 24 palm desert, CA
- 25 New York Trip