We are a family of three, couple with a 19 y.o. spending 3-4 days in New Orleans over xmas,before heading for a reunion in Atlanta. What would be the most interesting stops on the way??? Should we try Natchez and Vicksburg or head to Birmingham and Selma. We all love history, but aren't into visiting plantations/old houses. We've heard there is a civil rights museum somewhere that is good and are debating the coastal route v. inland. Would welcome any and all suggestions and good restaurant/hotel ideas as well. We will have about 3-4 days. Many thanks!
New Orleans to Atlanta: what to include
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 2 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 9 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 11 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 12 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 13 New York City and New England
- 14 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 15 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 16 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 17 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 18 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 19 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 20 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 21 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 22 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 23 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 24 Best Destination in USA
- 25 Rules of the Sidewalk