We are a family of three, couple with a 19 y.o. spending 3-4 days in New Orleans over xmas,before heading for a reunion in Atlanta. What would be the most interesting stops on the way??? Should we try Natchez and Vicksburg or head to Birmingham and Selma. We all love history, but aren't into visiting plantations/old houses. We've heard there is a civil rights museum somewhere that is good and are debating the coastal route v. inland. Would welcome any and all suggestions and good restaurant/hotel ideas as well. We will have about 3-4 days. Many thanks!
New Orleans to Atlanta: what to include
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area