We are in New Orleans Oct 2-7 for a wedding and have a couple of days to travel outside the city. Looking for advice on how far we can go and if we should stay along the coast or go north. We prefer great drives, historical sites or nature to restaurants and shopping. We are also interested in jazz clubs for one night in the city or any real kitschy NOLA experiences.
New Orleans and environs with adult children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 2 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 3 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 4 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 5 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 best area to stay in san diego
- 8 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 9 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 10 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 11 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 12 Two airports to choose from?
- 13 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 layover
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 17 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 18 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 19 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 20 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 21 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 24 Road trip itinerary
- 25 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al