I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September Road Trip in New England
- 2 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Road Trip
- 8 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 9 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 10 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 11 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 12 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 13 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 14 Hilton Head restaurants
- 15 Road trip October
- 16 Amish
- 17 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 18 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 19 United Nations tours
- 20 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 21 national/state park in November
- 22 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 23 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 Cayo Costa State Park