I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 2 Miami
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 5 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 6 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 7 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 8 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 9 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 10 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 11 March in New Mexico
- 12 Driving Alaska
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 Back from the Big Easy
- 15 Border crossing
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 18 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 19 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 20 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 21 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 Cross country tips
- 24 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?