I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 2 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 3 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 4 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 5 4 Days in LV
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 8 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 9 Michigan advice needed
- 10 October in Colorado
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Yosemite Valley showers
- 13 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 14 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 15 LegoLand Florida
- 16 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 17 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 18 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 19 louisiana bayou
- 20 SF Cable Cars
- 21 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 22 Mobile Suggestions
- 23 Napa winery tour that doesn't require walking? (Eldery person in our group)
- 24 One day in Dallas
- 25 Biking and Swimming on Siesta Key