I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
New England vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston
- 2 Road Trip SW
- 3 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 4 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 5 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 6 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 7 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 moving to florida
- 10 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 11 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 12 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 13 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 14 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 15 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 16 Boston/Salem with kids
- 17 Connecticut River Byway
- 18 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 19 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 20 San Diego farmer's markets
- 21 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 22 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 23 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 24 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 25 The Seedy Side of Key West