I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
New England vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 4 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 5 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 8 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 11 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 12 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 13 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 16 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 17 charleston during Christmas Week
- 18 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 19 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 25 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?