I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
New England vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 2 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 3 US Southwest
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 5 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 8 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 9 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 10 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 11 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 12 Seattle Visit April
- 13 Grand Teton in October
- 14 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 15 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 16 Morning in miami
- 17 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 18 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 19 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 20 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 21 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 22 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 23 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 24 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 25 trip outside of San Francisco with kids