I've never been to New England and was hoping to get some ideas. Places with a small-town feel, lots of boutiques, restaurants, and coffee shops would be great.
I'm flying into Newark on October 11 and plan on renting a car. We'll be there for about two weeks and would like to spend that first night in Greenwich. After that, we would do a "loop" starting with the inland areas in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, southern Maine. From there, we would travel down the coast eventually coming back to Greenwich.
Any suggestions on where to stop, where to eat, where to lodge. I know I'm booking this kind of late, so hopefully accommodations won't be a problem.
Thanks a bunch!
New England vacation
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Romantic destination in the US
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 4 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Moving out of states from Florida
- 7 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 8 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 9 family road trip
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston