My husband and I will be in Boston the last weekend in October. We would like to add 5-6 days to the trip (October 22- 28) . We are flexible as to airport to arrive at, but will be leaving from Logan. Ideally we are looking to rest, relax, take in the foliage (although it will be late), stay at smaller hotels/inns, enjoy local color. We do not want to change hotels every night - would like to stay at two hotels at most during the non-Boston part of the trip. Oh, and we do enjoy good food and wine and would take that into account in deciding where to stay/visit. Two possibilities are flying into Albany and staying in Southern Vt/Berkshires or to visit the Cape. All suggestions welcome. I am assuming we will be past the peak foliage crowds. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.
New England trip - late October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 8 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 9 Philadelphia
- 10 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 20 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 21 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 22 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 23 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 24 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 25 Death Valley in June in a motorhome