We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning our Move
- 2 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 3 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 4 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 5 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 6 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 7 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 8 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 9 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 10 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 11 Hotel advise Chicago
- 12 Maui and Kauai
- 13 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 14 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 17 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 NYC Hotel Decision
- 20 NFL tickets
- 21 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 22 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Three days in Kauai