We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 2 Clean One bedroom for $50-$70 a week
- 3 Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Yellowstone, Tetons
- 4 9 days from Acadia to Providence RI
- 5 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 6 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 7 SUV v. Minivan for national park summer driving or does it not matter?
- 8 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 9 Seattle, WA to Redondo Beach, CA December
- 10 Traveling alone to Las Vegas
- 11 Study in America
- 12 Where to stay in South Carolina?
- 13 Florida Family vacation in California
- 14 walking it off in North Beach and Chinatown
- 15 Planning first trip to New Orleans - advice?
- 16 Itinerary advice first time to USA SF-YNP-LV-LA-SF
- 17 Philadelphia to Boston
- 18 Lake Winnipesauke, NH
- 19 Six Flags and Lake George, NY
- 20 Mokulele Airlines Hawaii
- 21 Where to stay in Hill Country in Texas
- 22 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 23 Yosemite Visit
- 24 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 25 New York City Christmas 2015