We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 highway 54
- 5 Help with driving East to West
- 6 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 7 Boston Chinatown restaurant or tour recommendations
- 8 Looking for great dude ranch that is at least somewhat authentic
- 9 Sail yacht. California
- 10 Arizona Real Estate Agent
- 11 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 13 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 14 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 15 Rhode Island with a Toddler
- 16 Cashless Toll roads.
- 17 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 18 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 19 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 21 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 22 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 23 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 24 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 25 Farewell from Ira