We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 10 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 11 Atlanta with kids
- 12 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 15 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Family Camp in Maine
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon