We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Red Rocks Amphitheater places to stay
- 2 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 5 Reagan Library
- 6 Southern history- walkable cities
- 7 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 8 US Open Tennis
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 Hawaii with limited time
- 11 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Steamboat in August
- 14 Hotels in San Diego
- 15 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 16 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 17 Cape cod Labor Day
- 18 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 19 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 20 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 21 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 22 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 23 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 24 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 25 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer