We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 5 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 22 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 23 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 24 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings