We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 7 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 10 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 11 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Biloxi questions again
- 23 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?