We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 2 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 3 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 4 Western U.S. Road trip
- 5 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 6 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 7 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 8 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 9 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 10 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 11 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 12 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 13 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 14 Returned from Sedona
- 15 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 16 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 17 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 18 New Orleans logistics
- 19 First Trip to New Orleans
- 20 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 21 North Carolina Coast
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 24 Wildlife hike in Colorado Springs
- 25 shopping with teenager in D, C.