We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
- 1 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 8 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 11 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 12 Vero Beach FL
- 13 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 22 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 23 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 24 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?