We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking fine
- 2 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 3 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 4 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 5 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 6 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 7 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 8 Vegas/California May 2016
- 9 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 10 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 11 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 12 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 13 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 14 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 15 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 16 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 17 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 18 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 19 Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort
- 20 My Maine Trip Report
- 21 Berkshires with a toddler
- 22 hilicopter tour oahu
- 23 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 24 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 25 Afternoon in Philadelphia