We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 2 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 3 Driving to Naples fl
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Downtown Chicago
- 8 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 13 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 16 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 17 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 18 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 19 Nashville Questions
- 20 Summer vacation
- 21 First Trip to Texas -
- 22 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 23 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 24 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 25 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?