We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.pinkgarciniafacts.com/direct-naturals-ultra-pure-turmeric/
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 4 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 5 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 6 9-10 day trip to WA
- 7 Atlanta With Toddler
- 8 NYC For The Day
- 9 Turo?
- 10 USA family tour
- 11 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 12 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 13 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 14 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 15 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 16 Kauai planning help
- 17 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 18 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 19 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 20 California Trip
- 21 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 22 Need help nailing down the details
- 23 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 24 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 25 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car