We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 2 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 3 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 4 10 day trip
- 5 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 6 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 7 Venice tourist travel pass
- 8 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 9 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 10 Crossville, TN in March
- 11 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 12 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 13 Utah restaurants
- 14 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 15 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 16 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 17 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 18 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 19 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 20 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 21 Help with road trip - San Fran to Whister
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 24 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 25 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?