We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 3 Arches Devils Garden
- 4 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Santa Fe Itineray
- 7 Big Sure in June
- 8 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 9 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 10 best health clubs with lap pools
- 11 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 12 Retiring to Tucson
- 13 universal studios and disney
- 14 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 15 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 16 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 19 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 20 Savannah hotel
- 21 Utah National Parks visit
- 22 marriot cypress harbour
- 23 Hotel in Reno
- 24 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 25 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.