We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans weekend, plus a shout out to Sandra Bullock
- 2 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 3 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 Wailea Restaurants?
- 6 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 7 1 day to visit Palm Springs photography itinerary?
- 8 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 9 Hawaii Trip in May
- 10 A week in NYC - first timers
- 11 DC -> Boulder
- 12 Rome/Florence
- 13 Colorado - Photography
- 14 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 15 Where to stay in NYC
- 16 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 17 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 18 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 19 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 20 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 21 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 22 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 23 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 24 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 25 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)