We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 7 Locker at JFK
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 San Diego grocery stores
- 10 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Question about Miami travel
- 15 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 16 Key Largo, FL
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 19 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 20 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 driver for airport pick up in NY