We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City-New Things?
- 2 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 3 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 4 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 7 Kid School Admission
- 8 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 9 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 10 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 11 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 12 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 13 Things to do in La Jolla
- 14 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 15 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 16 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 17 Minneapolis Parking
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 20 Romantic destination in the US
- 21 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 22 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 23 family road trip
- 24 Alaska Trip Planning
- 25 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!