We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 2 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 3 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 Lake Champlain, VT
- 6 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 7 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 8 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 9 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 10 Boston Ideas
- 11 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 15 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 16 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 17 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 18 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 19 Week motorcycle ride
- 20 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 21 Crested Butte so expensive
- 22 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 23 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 24 Flower Piano
- 25 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge