We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 2 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 3 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 4 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 7 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 8 Wedding gifts?
- 9 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 Layover
- 12 Seattle?
- 13 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 14 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 15 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 16 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 17 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 18 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 19 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 22 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 23 Airport Advice for GNP
- 24 Day trips from Boston
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska with kids