We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 3 Back from the Big Easy
- 4 Border crossing
- 5 Cross country tips
- 6 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 7 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 8 Driving Alaska
- 9 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 10 Parka in PA during February?
- 11 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 12 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 13 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 14 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 17 Ideas for New York
- 18 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico