We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
New England Road Trip: Portland, ME to Burlington, VT
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 3 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 4 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 5 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 6 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 7 DC - WW2 flyover
- 8 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 9 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 10 Alaska restaurant prices
- 11 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 12 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 13 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 14 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 15 Where to raise a family in Florida?
- 16 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 17 Daytona Beach and ??
- 18 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 19 Beach holiday with baby
- 20 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 21 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 22 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 23 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 24 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 25 Another Key West trip in the books!