We're planning a road trip this fall, flying into Portland and flying out of Burlington. We're staying with friends in Portland and then spending 8 days, 7 nights on the road. We have to be in Norwich, VT (outside of Hanover, NH) our second night for some cooking classes, but beyond that, we don't know where to start on the itinerary. This is our first real trip to the area.
In terms of sites, we're hoping to see beautiful foliage, do some light hiking, and try the local food. Local roads would be great, but I understand the traffic may be rough. I might be interested in visiting Canada, but I'm unsure if that's the best use of our time.
So here's our itinerary so far
Day 1: Rent car in Portland
Day 2: TBD
Day 3: Overnight in Norwich, VT
Days 4-7: TBD
Day 8: Depart Burlington
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 2 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 3 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 4 Trinity Site, NM
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 Hotel in Reno
- 7 North Carolina airports
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 14 Boston to Naples florida
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 17 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 18 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 19 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 20 best health clubs with lap pools
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 25 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?