In August 2014 (13th-17th) a couple of friends are taking a girls road trip up North, we are all in our early 30s. We live in New Jersey, not too far outside of Philadelphia, and would like to go up the coast but aren't sure exactly where to stop. We were thinking of definitely doing somewhere in Maine for a couple of nights and maybe another night or so somewhere else, possibly in the Cape or Rhode Island. We want a relaxing trip with lots of nature, not too into historical sites. One of the girls has said she would like to visit Mount Washington along the way, although that isn't along the coast and not sure how long of a drive it will be to get there. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go, what to do? I would be content sitting on the beach with a glass of wine or taking tours on a bike but one of the girls may be pregnant come August, depending on mother nature. Beach, mountains, lakes, anything pretty we are all for. There are too many choices up the coast so I thought I would see what others recommended. Thanks!
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 2 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 3 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 6 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 7 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 8 trip from Memphis, TN to San Antonio, TX
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Long Boat Key Condo GOLF TENNIS BEACH
- 11 California San Diego area lodging
- 12 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 13 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 14 Hana hotels in August
- 15 Where to eat in & around San Diego
- 16 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 17 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 18 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 19 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 from Moab to Bryce
- 22 Vegas in mid may
- 23 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 24 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 25 Chicago to New England Road trip