In August 2014 (13th-17th) a couple of friends are taking a girls road trip up North, we are all in our early 30s. We live in New Jersey, not too far outside of Philadelphia, and would like to go up the coast but aren't sure exactly where to stop. We were thinking of definitely doing somewhere in Maine for a couple of nights and maybe another night or so somewhere else, possibly in the Cape or Rhode Island. We want a relaxing trip with lots of nature, not too into historical sites. One of the girls has said she would like to visit Mount Washington along the way, although that isn't along the coast and not sure how long of a drive it will be to get there. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go, what to do? I would be content sitting on the beach with a glass of wine or taking tours on a bike but one of the girls may be pregnant come August, depending on mother nature. Beach, mountains, lakes, anything pretty we are all for. There are too many choices up the coast so I thought I would see what others recommended. Thanks!
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 2 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 3 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 4 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 5 Getaway
- 6 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 9 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 12 Theater Historians
- 13 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 14 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 15 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Boston hotel & transportation
- 19 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 22 Air Connections on Maui
- 23 hilton capital
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon