In August 2014 (13th-17th) a couple of friends are taking a girls road trip up North, we are all in our early 30s. We live in New Jersey, not too far outside of Philadelphia, and would like to go up the coast but aren't sure exactly where to stop. We were thinking of definitely doing somewhere in Maine for a couple of nights and maybe another night or so somewhere else, possibly in the Cape or Rhode Island. We want a relaxing trip with lots of nature, not too into historical sites. One of the girls has said she would like to visit Mount Washington along the way, although that isn't along the coast and not sure how long of a drive it will be to get there. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go, what to do? I would be content sitting on the beach with a glass of wine or taking tours on a bike but one of the girls may be pregnant come August, depending on mother nature. Beach, mountains, lakes, anything pretty we are all for. There are too many choices up the coast so I thought I would see what others recommended. Thanks!
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado trip in early May
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 5 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 6 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 7 Maine in latter half of September
- 8 Seattle hotels
- 9 Seattle in April
- 10 Seattle Visit April
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Coronado Ferry
- 15 Italian cookies in Minneapolis area
- 16 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 17 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 18 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 19 Colorado trip
- 20 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 21 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 22 DC - WW2 flyover
- 23 Cape cod and Acadia
- 24 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 25 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?