My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California and want to spend a couple of days to see the sights there. We are planning on taking the train or a bus out of nyc and will rent a car to tour the New England states, preferably the coastline. We have up to 2 weeks including flights to and from Calfornia. We've never been to the east coast and want to hit all the touristy sites - Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. We like to shop, check out the history, etc. No hiking or sports...just sight seeing. Any advice on an itinerary and where to get off the train/bus to start the road trip? We thought we'd go all the way to Bar Harbor.
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 3 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 4 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 9 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 10 Weekend in NYC
- 11 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 12 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 13 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 14 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage