My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California and want to spend a couple of days to see the sights there. We are planning on taking the train or a bus out of nyc and will rent a car to tour the New England states, preferably the coastline. We have up to 2 weeks including flights to and from Calfornia. We've never been to the east coast and want to hit all the touristy sites - Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. We like to shop, check out the history, etc. No hiking or sports...just sight seeing. Any advice on an itinerary and where to get off the train/bus to start the road trip? We thought we'd go all the way to Bar Harbor.
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 9 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 10 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 11 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 Philly
- 14 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 15 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 16 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 17 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 18 Chicago trip
- 19 NYC IN AUGUST
- 20 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 21 culpepper
- 22 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 23 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed