My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California and want to spend a couple of days to see the sights there. We are planning on taking the train or a bus out of nyc and will rent a car to tour the New England states, preferably the coastline. We have up to 2 weeks including flights to and from Calfornia. We've never been to the east coast and want to hit all the touristy sites - Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, etc. We like to shop, check out the history, etc. No hiking or sports...just sight seeing. Any advice on an itinerary and where to get off the train/bus to start the road trip? We thought we'd go all the way to Bar Harbor.
New England Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 2 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 3 Grand Teton in October
- 4 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 5 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Morning in miami
- 8 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 9 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 10 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 11 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 12 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 13 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 14 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 15 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 16 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 17 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 18 Shenandoah National Park
- 19 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 20 Seattle Visit April
- 21 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas
- 22 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 25 Roadtrip Key West or Marco Island in January