My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California in June 2014 and want to travel up the New England states flying out of Bangor, Maine back to California. We haven't been to NYC so we'd like to spend some time there. We've been told it's best to take a bus or train out of nyc then rent a car - in Mystic, Greenwich - haven't decided, for the rest of the trip. We have up to two weeks including flights in and out. We need suggestions on what to see, where to stay, and for how long at each stop. We'd like to see the touristy spots and would also like to see historical sights. We're not into hiking or any sports. Any ideas?
New England road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 2 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 3 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 5 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 21 Maui vacation
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 24 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 25 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour