My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California in June 2014 and want to travel up the New England states flying out of Bangor, Maine back to California. We haven't been to NYC so we'd like to spend some time there. We've been told it's best to take a bus or train out of nyc then rent a car - in Mystic, Greenwich - haven't decided, for the rest of the trip. We have up to two weeks including flights in and out. We need suggestions on what to see, where to stay, and for how long at each stop. We'd like to see the touristy spots and would also like to see historical sights. We're not into hiking or any sports. Any ideas?
New England road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 2 GTG in Los Angeles March 17 or 18
- 3 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 4 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 5 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 6 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 9 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 10 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 11 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 12 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 13 Montana- what are must see places?
- 14 California San Diego area lodging
- 15 Kauai Garden tours
- 16 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 17 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 18 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 19 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 20 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 21 Advice on Roadtrip
- 22 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 23 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 24 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 25 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston