My aunt and I are flying into NYC from California in June 2014 and want to travel up the New England states flying out of Bangor, Maine back to California. We haven't been to NYC so we'd like to spend some time there. We've been told it's best to take a bus or train out of nyc then rent a car - in Mystic, Greenwich - haven't decided, for the rest of the trip. We have up to two weeks including flights in and out. We need suggestions on what to see, where to stay, and for how long at each stop. We'd like to see the touristy spots and would also like to see historical sights. We're not into hiking or any sports. Any ideas?
New England road trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Family Camp in Maine
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 7 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 8 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?