A while ago I started a thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-england-10-days-confused.cfm) and have revised our itinerary quite a bit. As suggested, we are now flying into Boston and doing a loop of New England starting and finishing in Boston. We will then get rid of the car and get a train to New York.
Our thoughts at this stage are to drive a loop that takes in these spots.... obviously some will be places we stay a couple of days and others will be shorter stops. The mapquest link is: http://new.mapquest.com/mq/8-e6aSw0Md5zEk*CfI
We will have around 2- 2.5 weeks in this area. We can add places in or take them out as we go if we are running out of time. Does this look doable? Thanks for suggestions for places to visit... this looks like such a fascinating area!!!!
Boston, MA (a few days)
Salem, MA (interested in the history, probably a day here but then move on to stay somewhere else)
Bar Harbor, ME
Franconia Notch State Park (A nice place in this area? Looks it online!!)
Smugglers Notch State Park
Moss Glen Falls (Photography)
Adams, MA (A couple of days in the Berkshire area)
Newport, RI (a couple of days here on suggestion from fodorites)
Plymouth, MA (cant wait to see Plymouth Rock)
Back to Boston
New England... revised itinerary... thoughts
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 9 Cape Cod in early April
- 10 USA with a 3 year old
- 11 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver