A while ago I started a thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-england-10-days-confused.cfm) and have revised our itinerary quite a bit. As suggested, we are now flying into Boston and doing a loop of New England starting and finishing in Boston. We will then get rid of the car and get a train to New York.
Our thoughts at this stage are to drive a loop that takes in these spots.... obviously some will be places we stay a couple of days and others will be shorter stops. The mapquest link is: http://new.mapquest.com/mq/8-e6aSw0Md5zEk*CfI
We will have around 2- 2.5 weeks in this area. We can add places in or take them out as we go if we are running out of time. Does this look doable? Thanks for suggestions for places to visit... this looks like such a fascinating area!!!!
Boston, MA (a few days)
Salem, MA (interested in the history, probably a day here but then move on to stay somewhere else)
Bar Harbor, ME
Franconia Notch State Park (A nice place in this area? Looks it online!!)
Smugglers Notch State Park
Moss Glen Falls (Photography)
Adams, MA (A couple of days in the Berkshire area)
Newport, RI (a couple of days here on suggestion from fodorites)
Plymouth, MA (cant wait to see Plymouth Rock)
Back to Boston
New England... revised itinerary... thoughts
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 2 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 3 Itinerary Help - options.
- 4 Day trip out of NYC - without car
- 5 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 6 Daytona Beach and ??
- 7 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 8 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 9 Hawaii is still Hell
- 10 Alaska restaurant prices
- 11 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 12 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 15 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 16 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 17 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 18 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 19 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 20 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 21 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 22 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 23 DC - WW2 flyover
- 24 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 25 More Wine les Whine in Napa