A while ago I started a thread (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/new-england-10-days-confused.cfm) and have revised our itinerary quite a bit. As suggested, we are now flying into Boston and doing a loop of New England starting and finishing in Boston. We will then get rid of the car and get a train to New York.
Our thoughts at this stage are to drive a loop that takes in these spots.... obviously some will be places we stay a couple of days and others will be shorter stops. The mapquest link is: http://new.mapquest.com/mq/8-e6aSw0Md5zEk*CfI
We will have around 2- 2.5 weeks in this area. We can add places in or take them out as we go if we are running out of time. Does this look doable? Thanks for suggestions for places to visit... this looks like such a fascinating area!!!!
Boston, MA (a few days)
Salem, MA (interested in the history, probably a day here but then move on to stay somewhere else)
Bar Harbor, ME
Franconia Notch State Park (A nice place in this area? Looks it online!!)
Smugglers Notch State Park
Moss Glen Falls (Photography)
Adams, MA (A couple of days in the Berkshire area)
Newport, RI (a couple of days here on suggestion from fodorites)
Plymouth, MA (cant wait to see Plymouth Rock)
Back to Boston
New England... revised itinerary... thoughts
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 5 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 West Maui Restaurants
- 10 San Diego Little Italy
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 14 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 17 Key West Hotel in January
- 18 Healdsburg tips
- 19 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 20 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 21 los angeles restaurants
- 22 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 23 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 24 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 25 Calf trip