My husband and I are travelling to the US - from Australia - in October. We've got about 7 days to explore New England. I've been reading about the area quite a bit, but getting a little fuzzy now with all the information. Here are our thoughts so far.
Drive out of Manhattan (wish us luck - you guys drive on the wrong side of the road) and head straight to New Port RI. for 2 nights there. Then up early to drive perhaps over to the Cape Cod area and then make our way up to Portsmouth NH. (Boston not included in this trip.) 2 nights in Portsmouth and then we make our way, somehow, back to Battleboro onto Wilmington VT to start our journey up Highway 100 for about 3 days.
Our trip ends at Burlington.
How does that sound? Am I being too ambitious with the drive to Cape Cod and then up to Portsmouth?
I realize it's peak time over there - and I really don't want to stop for 2 nights anywhere when we make our way up Hwy 100. Is that a problem? I also realize that Maine doesn't figure at all - which is a pity - hope to taste a lobster without getting up there.
It will be great to see those main ports (New Port and Portsmouth) - but we also want to see small town America --- and diners with gum-chewing waitresses, etc.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
(I've re-submitted this message and 'Vermont' wasn't tagged in my first message)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://elliskinantiaging.com/zenderm-hydrating-serum/
- 2 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 3 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 4 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 5 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 6 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 7 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 8 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 9 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 10 Boston Ideas
- 11 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 12 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 13 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 14 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 15 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 16 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 17 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 18 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 19 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 20 Lake Champlain, VT
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 23 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 24 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 25 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown