My husband and I are travelling to the US - from Australia - in October. We've got about 7 days to explore New England. I've been reading about the area quite a bit, but getting a little fuzzy now with all the information. Here are our thoughts so far.
Drive out of Manhattan (wish us luck - you guys drive on the wrong side of the road) and head straight to New Port RI. for 2 nights there. Then up early to drive perhaps over to the Cape Cod area and then make our way up to Portsmouth NH. (Boston not included in this trip.) 2 nights in Portsmouth and then we make our way, somehow, back to Battleboro onto Wilmington VT to start our journey up Highway 100 for about 3 days.
Our trip ends at Burlington.
How does that sound? Am I being too ambitious with the drive to Cape Cod and then up to Portsmouth?
I realize it's peak time over there - and I really don't want to stop for 2 nights anywhere when we make our way up Hwy 100. Is that a problem? I also realize that Maine doesn't figure at all - which is a pity - hope to taste a lobster without getting up there.
It will be great to see those main ports (New Port and Portsmouth) - but we also want to see small town America --- and diners with gum-chewing waitresses, etc.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
(I've re-submitted this message and 'Vermont' wasn't tagged in my first message)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ++1800 927 2480 QuickBooks Pro Customer Service Number
- 2 Rhode Island Get Away
- 3 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 4 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 5 Adirondacks trip repot
- 6 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 Carmel CA lodging
- 9 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 10 Driving CA 395
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 13 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 14 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 15 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 16 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 19 Glacier National Park 2018
- 20 Hawaii wedding
- 21 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 22 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 23 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 24 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 25 Philadelphia Traffic Help