Wonder If anyone can help.
Myself, my partner and our two daughters (aged 5 and 3) are taking a flydrive holiday to New England from 21st -30th October 2011.
So far we have booked:
21/22 - Keene NH (Hotel; for the Pumpkin Festival)
23/24 - Chester VT (B&B; some scenic driving, maybe some apple picking)
25/26 - Salem MA (Central Hotel; Haunted Happenings)
We have an early flight on the Sunday morning so would like to spend Saturday night near Logan airport but that still leave us with another 2-day block to fill. Can anyone recommend a good place to head to for Thu/Fri?
We'll be driving there from Salem and probably wouldn't want to stray more than about 2 hours away given we need to be back in Boston Saturday night.
Some vague ideas we've had are Marblehead, Quincy (as a base for Boston) or heading down to Newport, RI. We're not really considering the Cape Cod area as we plan to make a separate trip there, perhaps next summer.
We're from England and, while i've got some experience of driving in Florida, i've read that driving around Boston is a whole different ballgame, so i'd like to avoid the worst of that if possible!
Thanks in anticipation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 2 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 3 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 5 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 6 Finding Steve Perry
- 7 Glacier National Park
- 8 Vacation Ideas?
- 9 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 10 Wild West Road Trip
- 11 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 13 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 14 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 15 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 16 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 17 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 18 California Coast
- 19 Alabama trip in Dec
- 20 Hiking 'the wave'
- 21 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 22 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 23 Cross-Country trip advice
- 24 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 25 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016