Wonder If anyone can help.
Myself, my partner and our two daughters (aged 5 and 3) are taking a flydrive holiday to New England from 21st -30th October 2011.
So far we have booked:
21/22 - Keene NH (Hotel; for the Pumpkin Festival)
23/24 - Chester VT (B&B; some scenic driving, maybe some apple picking)
25/26 - Salem MA (Central Hotel; Haunted Happenings)
We have an early flight on the Sunday morning so would like to spend Saturday night near Logan airport but that still leave us with another 2-day block to fill. Can anyone recommend a good place to head to for Thu/Fri?
We'll be driving there from Salem and probably wouldn't want to stray more than about 2 hours away given we need to be back in Boston Saturday night.
Some vague ideas we've had are Marblehead, Quincy (as a base for Boston) or heading down to Newport, RI. We're not really considering the Cape Cod area as we plan to make a separate trip there, perhaps next summer.
We're from England and, while i've got some experience of driving in Florida, i've read that driving around Boston is a whole different ballgame, so i'd like to avoid the worst of that if possible!
Thanks in anticipation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 4 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 5 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 6 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 7 Downtown Denver hotel
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 10 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 11 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 12 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 13 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 14 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 15 San Diego VRBO area
- 16 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 17 Glacier National Park 2018
- 18 Muir Woods in October
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 21 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 22 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 23 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Colorado Shows Off