Wonder If anyone can help.
Myself, my partner and our two daughters (aged 5 and 3) are taking a flydrive holiday to New England from 21st -30th October 2011.
So far we have booked:
21/22 - Keene NH (Hotel; for the Pumpkin Festival)
23/24 - Chester VT (B&B; some scenic driving, maybe some apple picking)
25/26 - Salem MA (Central Hotel; Haunted Happenings)
We have an early flight on the Sunday morning so would like to spend Saturday night near Logan airport but that still leave us with another 2-day block to fill. Can anyone recommend a good place to head to for Thu/Fri?
We'll be driving there from Salem and probably wouldn't want to stray more than about 2 hours away given we need to be back in Boston Saturday night.
Some vague ideas we've had are Marblehead, Quincy (as a base for Boston) or heading down to Newport, RI. We're not really considering the Cape Cod area as we plan to make a separate trip there, perhaps next summer.
We're from England and, while i've got some experience of driving in Florida, i've read that driving around Boston is a whole different ballgame, so i'd like to avoid the worst of that if possible!
Thanks in anticipation.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 3 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 4 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 5 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 6 Zurich airport connections
- 7 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 8 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 9 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 10 Miami airport--safety??
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 13 Things to do in Toronto
- 14 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 15 How Much??-Taxi from Atlanta airport to Emory University
- 16 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 17 US whole month of January where to
- 18 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 21 Recent Spam Attacks
- 22 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 23 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights