My husband and I are looking to take a short trip up to New England during the week of April 14th (a wednesday to saturday type of deal). We do not want to go very far as we are driving from NJ - looking for a 6 hour trip max. I went to school in RI so I'm not interested in the Newport/Block Island route, but am open to any other area.
We are looking for quaint towns where hopefully restaurants/shops will be open at that time. Obviously it will still be cold depending how north we go.
(We have also considered seeing what upstate NY has as well)
new england in april
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary opinions
- 2 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 3 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 4 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 5 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 6 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 7 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 8 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 9 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 10 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 11 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 New England in the fall
- 14 NYC Clubs for live music
- 15 relocating travel
- 16 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 17 Seattle Hyatts
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 23 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 24 Help with Wisconsin Dells Trip Plan
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?