Hi everyone! I've been reading many posts on trips to the New England area for the fall foliage. I'm planning a trip for my mom and I for the fall of 2011 and wanted to get a jump start, mostly to be able to make some accomodation reservations. We are driving from Wisconsin so will have a car at all times to go wherever we want. We are leaving Wisconsin September 23 and should arrive in Maine late in the day on September 24. We plan on heading back home on October 15. So we will basically have 3 weeks to enjoy the area. We do not have any decided upon "base" areas where we want to stay and branch out for day trips, so definately open to any suggestsions. We are looking for outdoor photography ops, enjoying quaint villages and towns, and anything in-between. We aren't huge shoppers except for maybe little shops that contain items that are "special" to the area. Does anyone have any recommendations for must-sees, great accomodations and resturants?
New England Fall Foliage
- 1 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 2 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 3 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 4 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 5 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 6 Trying To Find a Place
- 7 Logan Express
- 8 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 9 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 10 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 11 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 12 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 13 One day in NYC
- 14 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 15 Columbus food !
- 16 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 17 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 18 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 19 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 20 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 21 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 22 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare
- 23 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 24 Driving trip from Toronto to San Antonio
- 25 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!