Hi everyone! I've been reading many posts on trips to the New England area for the fall foliage. I'm planning a trip for my mom and I for the fall of 2011 and wanted to get a jump start, mostly to be able to make some accomodation reservations. We are driving from Wisconsin so will have a car at all times to go wherever we want. We are leaving Wisconsin September 23 and should arrive in Maine late in the day on September 24. We plan on heading back home on October 15. So we will basically have 3 weeks to enjoy the area. We do not have any decided upon "base" areas where we want to stay and branch out for day trips, so definately open to any suggestsions. We are looking for outdoor photography ops, enjoying quaint villages and towns, and anything in-between. We aren't huge shoppers except for maybe little shops that contain items that are "special" to the area. Does anyone have any recommendations for must-sees, great accomodations and resturants?
New England Fall Foliage
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 2 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 8 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 12 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Visiting Denver
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 NYC theatre broadway
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions