Hi everyone! I've been reading many posts on trips to the New England area for the fall foliage. I'm planning a trip for my mom and I for the fall of 2011 and wanted to get a jump start, mostly to be able to make some accomodation reservations. We are driving from Wisconsin so will have a car at all times to go wherever we want. We are leaving Wisconsin September 23 and should arrive in Maine late in the day on September 24. We plan on heading back home on October 15. So we will basically have 3 weeks to enjoy the area. We do not have any decided upon "base" areas where we want to stay and branch out for day trips, so definately open to any suggestsions. We are looking for outdoor photography ops, enjoying quaint villages and towns, and anything in-between. We aren't huge shoppers except for maybe little shops that contain items that are "special" to the area. Does anyone have any recommendations for must-sees, great accomodations and resturants?
New England Fall Foliage
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 2 Phoenix restaurants
- 3 5 week in US/Mexico
- 4 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 10 day trip to California
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Rafting near Denali
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares