I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
New England by Train/Albany to Boston town to visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 2 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 3 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 4 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 5 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 13 charleston during Christmas Week
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?