I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 3 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 4 Florida Beach Hotel
- 5 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 6 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 7 Washington DC with kids
- 8 My road trip through southern US.
- 9 Late night eating in Kauai
- 10 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 13 Florida Nature Trip
- 14 help from a true New Yorker.
- 15 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 16 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 17 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 18 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 19 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 20 Safety Concerns
- 21 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 22 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 23 Alaska independent tour for group
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 5 days in Colorado