I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
New England by Train/Albany to Boston town to visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint