I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 3 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 4 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 5 Florida keys trip
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 8 Summer trip
- 9 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 10 Route Planning for East USA
- 11 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 12 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 13 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 14 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 15 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 16 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 17 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 18 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 19 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 20 Skagway
- 21 Retiring in NM?
- 22 Chicago to Charleston
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 25 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?