I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 2 Key West
- 3 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 4 disneyland
- 5 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 6 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 7 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 8 Las Vegas Vacation
- 9 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 10 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 11 moving to Florida
- 12 Arizona in winter
- 13 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 14 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 15 DC restaurant report
- 16 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 17 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 18 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 19 Northern California Redwoods
- 20 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 21 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 22 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 23 Neue Galerie
- 24 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 25 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans