I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 2 Beer Bar - NYC
- 3 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 4 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 5 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 6 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 7 First Trip to New Mexico
- 8 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 9 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 10 Seattle?
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 costco Big island
- 15 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 16 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 17 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 18 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 Wedding gifts?
- 21 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 22 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 23 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 24 Layover
- 25 Washington DC to Niagara Falls