I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 4 florida gulf coast
- 5 Road trip advice needed please
- 6 Visting a friend during layover
- 7 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 8 Chicago restaurants
- 9 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 10 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 11 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 12 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 15 Newark long term parking
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 18 Help plan my trip please
- 19 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 20 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 21 Chicago: Hotel Monaco, Swissotel, Sofitel?
- 22 Maui, early August
- 23 Going to the sun road open
- 24 Family Trip advice please?!
- 25 Alaska trip itinerary