I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 2 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 3 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 6 Miami
- 7 March in New Mexico
- 8 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 11 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 12 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 13 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 14 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 15 Driving Alaska
- 16 Back from the Big Easy
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?