I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 2 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 3 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 4 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 5 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 6 Colorado Itinerary
- 7 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 8 Any Sanibel experts?
- 9 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 10 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 11 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 12 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 13 Uber boston
- 14 What is there to do on MAUI
- 15 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 16 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 17 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 18 Hawaii Help
- 19 Summer in Michigan
- 20 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 21 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 22 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 23 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 24 Rafting the Colorado
- 25 Glacier National Park