I will be traveling from Albany to Boston by train at the end of September. New England sounds beautiful in the Fall and I would love to see one or two of the New England towns while I am in the U.S. I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a town accessible by train? I will be in Boston for about a week in total, and while I would love to catch somewhere on the way to Boston, I don’t know whether this is possible. It is no doubt very subjective as to which towns are nicest but we are two girls in our late twenties who would like a nice relaxing couple of days, countryside or seaside in a nice scenic town, ideally with nice restaurants.
The train from Albany to Boston will allow us to visit the below: Are any worth a trip, even for a night?:
Also, any recommendations for a two/three day trip from Boston?
Any help much appreciated!
New England by Train/Albany to Boston town to visit
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 2 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 3 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 11 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 12 new online travel network
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Universal studios/Orlando
- 18 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 19 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 20 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 21 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 22 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 25 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip