My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 2 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 3 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 4 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 5 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 6 Drive from Santa Barbara to La Jolla on sunday 2 august ?
- 7 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 8 Marthas Vineyard Ferry Questions
- 9 Michigan advice needed
- 10 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 11 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 12 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 13 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 14 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 15 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 16 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 17 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 18 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 19 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 20 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 21 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 22 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 23 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 24 First Trip to New Orleans
- 25 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too