My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 2 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 3 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 4 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 7 Trip to northern California
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 First Trip to Texas -
- 10 5 days in Colorado
- 11 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 14 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 15 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 16 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 17 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 18 Sedona for a Month
- 19 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 20 Alaska -public transport
- 21 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 22 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 Southwest road trip
- 25 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too