My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 1 Updates from Hanalei
- 2 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 3 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 4 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 5 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 6 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 7 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 8 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 9 Minnesota State Fair
- 10 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 11 Trying To Find a Place
- 12 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 13 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 14 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 15 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 16 Logan Express
- 17 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 18 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 19 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 20 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 One day in NYC
- 23 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 24 Columbus food !
- 25 Wildfire near Yosemite