My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 2 Vegetarian in Boston
- 3 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 4 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 5 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 6 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 7 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 8 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 9 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 10 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 11 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 12 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 13 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 14 Annapolis to Boston
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 17 Road Trip
- 18 Seeing An "American" Icon
- 19 Hiking - United States
- 20 Road trip October
- 21 Short Northern Oregon Coast Roadtrip
- 22 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 23 Trip tos Switzerland and Italy
- 24 Best rest area on Route 81 Sourht through Virginia
- 25 Rose Parade Novice
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too