My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 3 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 4 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 5 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 6 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 7 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 8 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 9 New York Yankee Station
- 10 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 11 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 12 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 13 Roads into Estes Park
- 14 Whale watching
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 17 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 18 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 19 Houston in September
- 20 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 21 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 22 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 23 Road Trip
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit