My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding gifts?
- 2 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 3 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 4 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 5 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 6 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 7 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 8 Seattle Ho
- 9 blue ridge parkway?
- 10 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 11 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 12 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 15 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 16 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too