My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Low Price Summer Dress Spot
- 2 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 3 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 4 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 5 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 6 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 7 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Inns in Manteo
- 10 Mississippi gulf coast
- 11 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 12 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 13 itinerary for 2 weeks in Oregon in early September
- 14 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 15 Lake Powell
- 16 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 17 Southwest US vacation help
- 18 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 19 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 20 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 21 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 22 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 23 Things to do in La Jolla
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too