My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with driving East to West
- 2 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 3 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Trail Ridge Road info please
- 8 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 9 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 10 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 11 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 12 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 13 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 14 New Orleans and Slidell
- 15 Pacific coast road trip
- 16 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 17 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 18 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 19 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 20 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 21 Back From Alaska
- 22 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Two days out of Seattle
- 25 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too