My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SFO black friday traffic
- 2 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 3 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 13 American Honeymoon in March
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 How to dress in Vegas
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 20 St Patrick's renovations
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 24 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 25 From Seattle airport to the city