My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern history- walkable cities
- 2 Reagan Library
- 3 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 4 Ice cream Cape Cod
- 5 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 6 US Open Tennis
- 7 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 8 Hawaii with limited time
- 9 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 13 Hotels in San Diego
- 14 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 15 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 16 Cape cod Labor Day
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 19 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 20 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 21 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 24 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 25 Grand Teton Questions
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too