My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Things to do around New York
- 2 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 3 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 4 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 5 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 8 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 9 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 10 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 11 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 12 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 13 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 14 USA Round trip 2018
- 15 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 16 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 17 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 18 Daytona Beach and ??
- 19 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 20 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 21 First visit in New Mexico
- 22 San Diego Public Transportation
- 23 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 24 Salt Lake City
- 25 Beach holiday with baby