My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 2 California
- 3 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 4 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 5 Moving to New Jersey
- 6 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 7 Maui itinerary
- 8 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 9 West Coast Road Trip
- 10 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 11 Car Needed in Austin?
- 12 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 13 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 14 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 New Orleans Weekend
- 16 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 17 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 18 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 19 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 20 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 21 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 22 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 23 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old