My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 1 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 2 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 3 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 4 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 5 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 6 Hotel near Public Theater
- 7 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 12 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 13 Warm and don't Drive
- 14 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 15 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 21 Our first trip to the USA: What a holiday it has been!
- 22 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 23 Old Fall River Road closed in Rocky Mountain National Park through 2014
- 24 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 25 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?