My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 2 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 3 1.5 days in Chicago
- 4 Pittsburgh Trip
- 5 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 6 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 7 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 8 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 10 Running kissimmee Florida
- 11 Car Hire Alamo
- 12 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 13 Mendocino Hiking
- 14 Paul Gauguin
- 15 Highway 1 motels
- 16 Berkshires with a toddler
- 17 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 18 Getting around in NYC
- 19 The New Whitney
- 20 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 21 View of Empire State Building from street
- 22 11 days SE coast road trip
- 23 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 24 Pacific Northwest
- 25 A Week in New York City
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too