My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 2 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 3 Colorado aspen updates
- 4 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 5 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 6 Worst Restaurants in America
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 10 Newport Restaurants
- 11 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 12 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 13 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 14 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 15 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 16 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Broadway choices
- 20 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 21 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 22 Fairbanks Alaska
- 23 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Yosemite Lodging