My name is Paola and I live in France.With my family and my friends, we are planning to spend two weeks in New England next summer.
I would need some advice in order to organize our holiday at the best!
First of all, we are landing the 3th of July in New York. For the first time we will be in USA during the Indipendence Day. But what is the best place to spend that day?
Except for the 4th, is it possible to visit New England without any advanced booking or the high season requires to book all?
About the itinerary, it would be better to visit first the coast or the inner regions?
Surely, we will visit lighthouses and sea towns but we would like to experience the "wildlife" too.
Next year we visited some national parks as Yosemite and my husband was very disappointed not to see "big animals".So he's asked me (I am in charge for the whole organization!) to consider spending some days to walk and try some trail. In my travel guide I've found that Baxter State Park would be a good choice but it's not very practical to reach from my planned (but I can change) itinerary. White Mountaines would be better but is this a region where wildlife is easy to spot?
Thank you in advance for you kind help!
I'm really looking forward to being there!
new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 5 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 11 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 12 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work