Ive been trying to figure out which route to take for my 2(.5) week or 16-18 days road trip in October (4 until 19-ish) by myself through New England. Ive been reading a whole lot (maybe too much); so now it's time for some feedback. The list Im thowing out is way too much I know, but still I would like to ask what can or should be taken out. Next to that I would like a general tip if one who never went to New England, to focus on one state or more? Basically I think I will cut out ACADIA all together because it's to far to drive back. Or if you say well, that one is the most beautiful of ACADIA, WHITE MOUNTAIN FORREST OR GREEN MOUNTAIN FORREST. Also is it wise to include Berkshire hills? Ok what do I like to see or do: food, white water rafting (what are the best places III, IV or maybe V?), fall foliage (duh), whalewatching, themepark, lighthouse, covered bridges, kayak or kano, walk, beach, train ride, balloon flight.
O yeah one more thing: cheap sleep spots, where or what are the best options?
Here's my insane first shot of the ROUTE: please give as much feedback as possible.
O yeah first 3 days are in Boston (enough?)
Day 1-4 Boston, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport
So basically the choice has to be made from this point on. To continue to Acadia via Booth bay harbor or skip that and go to see below.
Day 5 Lake Winnipesaukee
Day 6-7 Kancamagus Highway and White Mountains
Day 8-9-10 Stowe, Burlington, Waitsfield, Middlebury, Quechee Gorge, Woodstock and Grafton, all VT
Day 11-12 Green Mountain National Forest
Day 13 - 14-15 Mohawk Trail and Berkshire Hills
Day 16 -17 Springfield, Agawam (Six flags) Worcester to Boston
Is it a lot? Probably is. The thing is I want to enjoy as much as possible and remember I am alone. Your comments are highly appreciated. Thanks Micheal
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zurich airport connections
- 2 Chicago to Mount Rushmore...?
- 3 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 4 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 5 DC Metro to other sites?
- 6 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 7 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 8 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 9 Cleveland West Side Market
- 10 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 11 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 13 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 14 DC Hotel location help
- 15 Dinosaur National Monument
- 16 Eastern Seaboard
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 19 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 20 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 22 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 23 Miami airport--safety??
- 24 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 25 Recent Spam Attacks