Ive been trying to figure out which route to take for my 2(.5) week or 16-18 days road trip in October (4 until 19-ish) by myself through New England. Ive been reading a whole lot (maybe too much); so now it's time for some feedback. The list Im thowing out is way too much I know, but still I would like to ask what can or should be taken out. Next to that I would like a general tip if one who never went to New England, to focus on one state or more? Basically I think I will cut out ACADIA all together because it's to far to drive back. Or if you say well, that one is the most beautiful of ACADIA, WHITE MOUNTAIN FORREST OR GREEN MOUNTAIN FORREST. Also is it wise to include Berkshire hills? Ok what do I like to see or do: food, white water rafting (what are the best places III, IV or maybe V?), fall foliage (duh), whalewatching, themepark, lighthouse, covered bridges, kayak or kano, walk, beach, train ride, balloon flight.
O yeah one more thing: cheap sleep spots, where or what are the best options?
Here's my insane first shot of the ROUTE: please give as much feedback as possible.
O yeah first 3 days are in Boston (enough?)
Day 1-4 Boston, Ogunquit, Kennebunkport
So basically the choice has to be made from this point on. To continue to Acadia via Booth bay harbor or skip that and go to see below.
Day 5 Lake Winnipesaukee
Day 6-7 Kancamagus Highway and White Mountains
Day 8-9-10 Stowe, Burlington, Waitsfield, Middlebury, Quechee Gorge, Woodstock and Grafton, all VT
Day 11-12 Green Mountain National Forest
Day 13 - 14-15 Mohawk Trail and Berkshire Hills
Day 16 -17 Springfield, Agawam (Six flags) Worcester to Boston
Is it a lot? Probably is. The thing is I want to enjoy as much as possible and remember I am alone. Your comments are highly appreciated. Thanks Micheal
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 2 Depot Bay OR
- 3 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 4 A June trip to Kauai
- 5 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 6 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 7 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 8 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 9 Across the United States by Train
- 10 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 11 Phone SIM
- 12 Best Amish Site to visit
- 13 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 14 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 15 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 16 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 17 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 18 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 19 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 22 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 25 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA