We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Coast
- 2 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 3 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 5 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 6 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 7 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 8 Finding Steve Perry
- 9 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 10 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 11 Washington DC
- 12 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 13 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 15 Glacier National Park
- 16 Vacation Ideas?
- 17 Wild West Road Trip
- 18 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 19 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 20 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 21 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 22 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 23 Alabama trip in Dec
- 24 Hiking 'the wave'
- 25 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel