We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking in Naples Florida
- 2 Boston Airport Hotels
- 3 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 4 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 5 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 6 Nashville Never Been
- 7 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 8 San Antonio, Texas
- 9 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 10 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 11 Uber boston
- 12 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 13 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 14 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 15 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 16 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 17 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 18 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 19 Colorado Itinerary
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 What is there to do on MAUI
- 22 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 23 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 24 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914