We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 2 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 3 How Much Do You Pay for House Sitting?
- 4 DC Metro to other sites?
- 5 DC Hotel Location Help
- 6 DC Metro to other sites?
- 7 DC Hotel location help
- 8 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 9 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 10 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 11 Miami airport--safety??
- 12 Zurich airport connections
- 13 Cleveland West Side Market
- 14 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 15 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 16 Eastern Seaboard
- 17 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Recent Spam Attacks
- 20 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 21 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 22 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 23 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 US whole month of January where to