We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Area
- 2 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 3 Requesting info about location of Hertz rental counter at airport in Kauai
- 4 Road Trip from Portland to San Francisco
- 5 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 6 San Fran
- 7 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 8 California/Yosemite
- 9 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 12 San Diego, mission valley
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 15 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 16 Sedona to Vegas
- 17 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 18 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 19 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 20 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 21 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 22 November redwoods trip
- 23 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 24 Seattle?
- 25 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte