We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch NFL Week 7 23 October 2016 Live
- 2 Northern California Redwoods
- 3 Currency and hotels
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 6 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 7 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 8 Arizona in winter
- 9 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 10 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 11 Vegas with toddler twins
- 12 Las Vegas Vacation
- 13 OHare car service north suburbs
- 14 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 16 disneyland
- 17 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 18 Key West
- 19 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 20 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 21 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 22 moving to Florida
- 23 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 24 DC restaurant report
- 25 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country