We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 3 IAH to HOU Questions
- 4 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 7 Jazzfest side trips
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 March in New Mexico
- 10 No Spam this morning!!
- 11 San Francisco transit options
- 12 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 15 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 18 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 19 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 20 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 21 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 22 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 23 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 24 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 25 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?