We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
New England - 10 days - confused...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 2 Boston suggestions
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 4 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 5 Looking for Next Destination
- 6 Tucson area flooding
- 7 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 8 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 9 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 10 West Coast Road Trip
- 11 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 12 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 13 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 14 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 15 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 16 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 17 first time in AZ
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 20 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 23 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 24 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 25 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice