We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
New England - 10 days - confused...
- 1 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 2 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 3 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 4 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 9 Washington Wineries
- 10 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 11 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 12 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 13 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 14 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 15 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 16 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 17 Memphis Tours
- 18 Please critique our plan...
- 19 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 20 Gearhart Oregon
- 21 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 22 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 23 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 24 California, Northern
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions