We are travelling to the USA in September and would like to spend around 12 days in the New England area. I have done some reading of Fodors and self drive tour websites to get an idea of the more popular places to visit and am wondering if this itinerary looks ok or (more importantly).. how it can be improved and if I have missed any 'must see' spots. We are hoping to see some quaint places, learn about the history of the area and take some amazing photographs.
Day 1 - New York - Newport - Cape Cod
Day 2 - Cape Cod - Plymouth - Boston
Day 3/4 - Boston
Day 5 - Boston - Kennebunkport
Day 6 - Kennebunkport - Bar Harbour
Day 7 - Bar Harbour
Day 8 - Bar Harbour - White Mountains
Day 9 - White Mountains - Stowe
Day 10 - 12 - Stowe - The Berkshires - Hartford and back to New York
Thanks for any input or ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Champlain, VT
- 2 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 3 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 6 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 7 Boston Ideas
- 8 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 11 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 12 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 13 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 14 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 15 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 16 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 17 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 18 Week motorcycle ride
- 19 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 20 Crested Butte so expensive
- 21 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 22 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 23 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 24 Flower Piano
- 25 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge