Hello Florida experts! Bluejeans here with some questions. We are trying to plan a vacation for late July somewhere in Florida. Problem is we don't know exactly where to go. Background: Family of 4 including two boys in early 20's. Looking for nice beach location without hordes of people. We don't know the difference between the Gulf side and the ocean side. Is one better than the other? We love to snorkel, swim, hike and lay around. We might spend a day or two near Orlando, but a Disney type vacation is not really what we're looking for. Leaning toward Clearwater/St. Petersburg. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Never been to Florida - Gulf or ocean side?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?