Hello Florida experts! Bluejeans here with some questions. We are trying to plan a vacation for late July somewhere in Florida. Problem is we don't know exactly where to go. Background: Family of 4 including two boys in early 20's. Looking for nice beach location without hordes of people. We don't know the difference between the Gulf side and the ocean side. Is one better than the other? We love to snorkel, swim, hike and lay around. We might spend a day or two near Orlando, but a Disney type vacation is not really what we're looking for. Leaning toward Clearwater/St. Petersburg. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Never been to Florida - Gulf or ocean side?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 5 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 6 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 7 Is the New York subway safe?
- 8 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 9 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 10 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 11 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Where to from Tampa?
- 14 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 Skiing New Mexico
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 19 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 20 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 21 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 22 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 23 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 24 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week