Hello Florida experts! Bluejeans here with some questions. We are trying to plan a vacation for late July somewhere in Florida. Problem is we don't know exactly where to go. Background: Family of 4 including two boys in early 20's. Looking for nice beach location without hordes of people. We don't know the difference between the Gulf side and the ocean side. Is one better than the other? We love to snorkel, swim, hike and lay around. We might spend a day or two near Orlando, but a Disney type vacation is not really what we're looking for. Leaning toward Clearwater/St. Petersburg. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Never been to Florida - Gulf or ocean side?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 3 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 6 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 7 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 8 Washington DC in Spring?
- 9 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 10 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 11 Richmond highlights?
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Broadway this week
- 15 Weekend in NYC
- 16 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 New York, New York...
- 21 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 22 trains in Europe
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 25 USA trip