My family is planning on taking two weeks next summer to drive West from Kansas City. Any suggestions on where to go? Unfortunately, with the exception of childhood trips for my husband and me, we have only flown over this section of the country.
We know we want to go to the Southwest part of Colorado. We could either make a northern loop through Montana, Idaho, etc., or a southern loop through Arizona, Texas,etc.
Other info - We have two kids (8 and 4), don't mind long drives (we usually drive to the East Coast for a beach vacation, but wanted something different this year), and wouldn't mind camping for some of the nights. Also, I know my daughter would love to see some cowboy/old West things. I remember seeing some ghosttowns, cowboys, etc, on my childhood trip. Probably very tacky, but at the time, I thought it was great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.biotestosteronexrtry.com/testo-rampage/
- 2 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 3 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 4 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 5 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 6 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 11 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 12 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 13 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 14 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 15 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 16 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 17 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 18 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 19 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 20 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 21 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 22 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 23 Blue Ridge Mountains Skyline Drive
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Maine trip report -- Rockland, Camden, Rockport, Owl's Head, Wiscasset
Need suggestions for driving trip West - between Colorado and California