My family is planning on taking two weeks next summer to drive West from Kansas City. Any suggestions on where to go? Unfortunately, with the exception of childhood trips for my husband and me, we have only flown over this section of the country.
We know we want to go to the Southwest part of Colorado. We could either make a northern loop through Montana, Idaho, etc., or a southern loop through Arizona, Texas,etc.
Other info - We have two kids (8 and 4), don't mind long drives (we usually drive to the East Coast for a beach vacation, but wanted something different this year), and wouldn't mind camping for some of the nights. Also, I know my daughter would love to see some cowboy/old West things. I remember seeing some ghosttowns, cowboys, etc, on my childhood trip. Probably very tacky, but at the time, I thought it was great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 3 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 4 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Moving to Montana
- 7 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 8 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 9 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 10 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 13 Oregon Coast question
- 14 Savanah GA
- 15 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 16 Florida with a 2 year old
- 17 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 18 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 19 Colorado itinerary
- 20 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 21 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 24 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?
- 25 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
Need suggestions for driving trip West - between Colorado and California