My family is planning on taking two weeks next summer to drive West from Kansas City. Any suggestions on where to go? Unfortunately, with the exception of childhood trips for my husband and me, we have only flown over this section of the country.
We know we want to go to the Southwest part of Colorado. We could either make a northern loop through Montana, Idaho, etc., or a southern loop through Arizona, Texas,etc.
Other info - We have two kids (8 and 4), don't mind long drives (we usually drive to the East Coast for a beach vacation, but wanted something different this year), and wouldn't mind camping for some of the nights. Also, I know my daughter would love to see some cowboy/old West things. I remember seeing some ghosttowns, cowboys, etc, on my childhood trip. Probably very tacky, but at the time, I thought it was great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 4 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 5 Help us choose a hotel
- 6 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 7 Staying outside DC
- 8 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 9 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 10 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 13 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 14 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 15 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 16 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 19 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 20 New York in December
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 23 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
Need suggestions for driving trip West - between Colorado and California