My family is planning on taking two weeks next summer to drive West from Kansas City. Any suggestions on where to go? Unfortunately, with the exception of childhood trips for my husband and me, we have only flown over this section of the country.
We know we want to go to the Southwest part of Colorado. We could either make a northern loop through Montana, Idaho, etc., or a southern loop through Arizona, Texas,etc.
Other info - We have two kids (8 and 4), don't mind long drives (we usually drive to the East Coast for a beach vacation, but wanted something different this year), and wouldn't mind camping for some of the nights. Also, I know my daughter would love to see some cowboy/old West things. I remember seeing some ghosttowns, cowboys, etc, on my childhood trip. Probably very tacky, but at the time, I thought it was great.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 2 Eastern Seaboard
- 3 Cleveland West Side Market
- 4 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 5 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 6 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 8 Recent Spam Attacks
- 9 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 10 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 11 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 12 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 13 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 14 Miami airport--safety??
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 US whole month of January where to
- 19 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 20 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 21 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 22 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 23 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Maui - luau question
Need suggestions for driving trip West - between Colorado and California