I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans help please
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 4 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 5 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 8 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 9 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 10 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 11 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 12 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 13 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 14 los angeles restaurants
- 15 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 18 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 21 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 22 NW Houston restaurant help
- 23 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 24 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 25 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans