I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best places to move to Florida?
- 2 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 6 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 7 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 11 Juneau May 8th
- 12 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 13 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 14 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 15 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 17 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 18 Question about Miami travel
- 19 Salt Lake City
- 20 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 24 Locker at JFK
- 25 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks