I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 2 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 3 Florida Family vacation in California
- 4 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 5 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 6 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 7 San Francisco California
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Miami and New Orleans
- 10 Louisville in December
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 13 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 16 United Nations tours
- 17 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 18 September Road Trip in New England
- 19 NYC with 8 yr old
- 20 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 21 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 22 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 23 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 24 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 25 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day