I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Questions
- 2 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 3 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 4 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 8 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 9 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 10 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 11 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 12 Is the New York subway safe?
- 13 Chicago eateries downtown
- 14 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Where to from Tampa?
- 17 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 18 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 20 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 21 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 22 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 23 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 24 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 25 charlotte