I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key West, FL
- 2 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 3 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 4 Traveling with an infant
- 5 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 6 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 7 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 8 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 9 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 10 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 11 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 12 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 13 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 14 driving RT 66
- 15 Birthday vacation ideas
- 16 From Newark to Manhattan
- 17 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 18 Relocating to Washington DC
- 19 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 20 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 21 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 22 Acadia National Park
- 23 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 24 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 25 Yellowstone - places to stay