I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 5 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 6 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 7 trip advice from TN to TX
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 10 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 11 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 12 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 13 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 14 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 15 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 16 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 17 Clearwater FL area
- 18 san diego or nearby area
- 19 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 20 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 25 Charleston, SC help