I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Playing ball yesterday with the baby girl
- 2 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 3 Christmas in Colorado
- 4 Marfa/Big Bend
- 5 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 6 DC Restaurants
- 7 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 8 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 9 JFK to Washington
- 10 Carrie Fishers flirty smile, early 80s.
- 11 Phoenix for the weekend
- 12 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 13 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 14 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 15 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 18 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 19 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 20 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 21 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 22 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 23 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 24 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 25 Philadelphia travel ideas