I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 2 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 3 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 4 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 5 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 6 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 10 days vacation in California
- 9 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 10 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 11 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 12 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 13 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 14 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 15 Utah National Parks visit
- 16 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 17 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 18 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 19 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 20 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 21 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 22 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 23 Hotel in Reno
- 24 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help