I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 2 Ackislander
- 3 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 4 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 5 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 6 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 7 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 8 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 9 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 10 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 11 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 12 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 13 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 16 Cross Country RV Trip
- 17 Hotels Philly
- 18 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 19 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 20 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 21 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 22 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 California
- 25 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?