I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 2 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 3 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 4 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 5 Arches Devils Garden
- 6 universal studios and disney
- 7 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 8 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 9 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 10 Big Sure in June
- 11 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 12 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 13 Savannah hotel
- 14 Utah National Parks visit
- 15 marriot cypress harbour
- 16 Hotel in Reno
- 17 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 18 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 19 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 20 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 21 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Trinity Site, NM
- 24 Santa Fe Itineray
- 25 Moab Weekend with Kids