I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Chicago
- 2 http://www.topadvancingincome.com/moviestarplanet-hacks/
- 3 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 4 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 5 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 7 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 8 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 9 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 10 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 11 Maine in late October
- 12 Mendocino Hiking
- 13 Running kissimmee Florida
- 14 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 15 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 16 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 17 Monterey whale watching
- 18 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 19 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 20 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 21 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 24 Memphis to Dallas
- 25 The New Whitney