I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 4 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 8 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 15 Northwest Car Trip
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 18 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 19 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 22 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 23 Sonoma
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 25 Alaska cruise