I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 2 New York Trip
- 3 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 6 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 7 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 8 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 9 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 10 Balloon fest hotels
- 11 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 12 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 13 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 14 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 15 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 16 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 19 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 20 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 21 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 24 palm desert, CA
- 25 late-night DC restaurant