I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 2 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 3 powerful magic wallets+27789444940 money spells USA/UK/CANADA/GERMANY/DUBAI
- 4 San Francisco and Napa
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 12 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 13 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Relocating to the Deep South
- 16 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 19 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 south west family trip itinerary
- 22 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving