I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 2 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 3 Cab from Newark to West Windsor NJ.
- 4 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 5 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 6 your favorite city USA?
- 7 Pacific coast road trip
- 8 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 9 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 10 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 11 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 12 Senior Travel Helper
- 13 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 14 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 15 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 16 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 17 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 18 Austin with Kids
- 19 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 20 Two days out of Seattle
- 21 New Orleans and Slidell
- 22 Help with driving East to West
- 23 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 24 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 25 South Carolina