I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 3 HELP people from DONBASS!
- 4 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 5 Christmas weather?
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 8 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 12 Big island itinerary
- 13 Thousand Islands
- 14 Best Destination in USA
- 15 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 16 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 17 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 18 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 19 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 20 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 21 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 22 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 23 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 24 New York City and New England
- 25 The East Coast adventure: December 2014