I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rental car question
- 2 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.
- 3 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 4 South Beach in October
- 5 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 6 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 7 Any suggestions about portable WIFI devices in the US?
- 8 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 9 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 10 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 11 Grand Canyon hike
- 12 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 13 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 14 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?
- 15 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island
- 16 Quick Acela Questions
- 17 Please help me with directions
- 18 Laguardia - god?/bad? Idea
- 19 Denver/YellowStone /Urgent
- 20 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 21 Florida for a while
- 22 Yoga Retreats
- 23 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 24 Florida apartments/condos?
- 25 Vermont Foliage Drive From Brattleboro