I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 2 Favorite Open Air Venues
- 3 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 4 Xmas in new york
- 5 Charleston and Asheville
- 6 Retiring to Colorado
- 7 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 8 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway
- 9 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 10 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 13 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 14 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 15 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 17 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 18 My CA itinerary
- 19 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 20 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 21 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 22 Washington D.C. with a 5 year old!
- 23 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 24 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 25 Nashville 2016