I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Hotel guest amenities
- 2 Santa Fe Itineray
- 3 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 4 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 5 Boston to Naples florida
- 6 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 9 Hotel in Reno
- 10 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 11 Trinity Site, NM
- 12 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 13 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 14 North Carolina airports
- 15 best health clubs with lap pools
- 16 10 days vacation in California
- 17 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 18 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 19 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 22 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 23 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 24 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 25 Southwest Road Trip in Oct