I got some excellent suggestions here for my last 2 trips and hence I am back again. I am thinking about a 4-5 day trip with my family starting this friday. I initially thought about Washington DC (planned that trip earlier but could not make due to Sandy), but it seems that it is going to rain there during the weekend and also on monday-tuesday. So I am not sure where to go.
I am open to suggestions about places where I can drive to, preferably not more than 12 hours drive time each direction. I would like to avoid snowy-icy driving conditions. I will be driving from Springfield, IL.
Thanks for your help.
Need suggestions for a place to go.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 2 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 3 New York City in April
- 4 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 5 Boston in winter?
- 6 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 7 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 8 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 9 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 10 san fran sightseeing
- 11 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 12 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 13 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 14 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 15 Baytown, Texas
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Moving from VA to CT
- 18 New Orleans pictures
- 19 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 20 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 21 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 24 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 25 Dining in Manhattan