Sister and I considering a trip in 2010 to Memphis, Vicksburg, Natchez and New Orleans. When would be a good time to go? Fewer people would be great, normally decent weather without hurricanes, not too hot and humid- asking too much? Easter is April 24 next year. How is New ORleans during Lent, after Mardi Gras? Would restaurants be open or is that when they close for a break? Would love charming, moderately priced accommodations in all these areas, under $125 preferred -- Ideas?
How about historic houses to visit? open year-round? Plantations, etc. Is Natchez during Pilgrimage horribly crowded?
Need info on Tenn., MIssissippi and Louisianna.
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 7 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 8 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?