I have been trying all day to find a hotel and parking that are within reasonable distance to Washington DC. My kids and I wanted to see the monuments in the area, so close proximity is great. I have looked at hotels in Fall Church, Manassis, Arlington, Virginia etc. Is it better from Baltimore?
Which area is closer, we are driving from Ohio and would like some info on whether staying at a hotel in Virginia is better on the other hand how would we get into the city, is there a subway from Virginia? Some hotels within the city charge for parking that is pretty expensive.
Thanks for your help.
Need hotel and parking help- plan to visit Washington DC tomorrow
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 3 DC - WW2 flyover
- 4 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 5 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 8 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 9 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 10 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 New York City-New Things?
- 13 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 14 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 15 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 16 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 17 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 18 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 19 Romantic destination in the US
- 20 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 21 Kid School Admission
- 22 Mount Vernon?
- 23 Lynni's Quick Trip to Washington DC and Virginia
- 24 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report