Husband and I plan to rent a car and drive from DC to Gettysburg for a weekend in May or June, spending 2-3 nights in the area. We will probably spend 1-2 days at the battlefield and are looking for suggestions for lodging and additional sightseeing. We spend lots of time in DC so want to focus this trip on area outside the city. We love antiques, quaint old towns and great restaurants. It looks like we definitely should see the town of Gettysburg but any suggestions for which other towns we should check out? We would prefer to stay in a historical hotel or inn, any recommendations for exceptionally nice ones?
Need Help with Trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations