Husband and I plan to rent a car and drive from DC to Gettysburg for a weekend in May or June, spending 2-3 nights in the area. We will probably spend 1-2 days at the battlefield and are looking for suggestions for lodging and additional sightseeing. We spend lots of time in DC so want to focus this trip on area outside the city. We love antiques, quaint old towns and great restaurants. It looks like we definitely should see the town of Gettysburg but any suggestions for which other towns we should check out? We would prefer to stay in a historical hotel or inn, any recommendations for exceptionally nice ones?
Need Help with Trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 2 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 3 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 4 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 5 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 8 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 11 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 14 Corvettes at Carlisle - Aussie travellers
- 15 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 16 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 17 NYC
- 18 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 19 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 20 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 21 Seattle: Something Different?
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Back from Miami Beach
- 24 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 25 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!