Husband and I plan to rent a car and drive from DC to Gettysburg for a weekend in May or June, spending 2-3 nights in the area. We will probably spend 1-2 days at the battlefield and are looking for suggestions for lodging and additional sightseeing. We spend lots of time in DC so want to focus this trip on area outside the city. We love antiques, quaint old towns and great restaurants. It looks like we definitely should see the town of Gettysburg but any suggestions for which other towns we should check out? We would prefer to stay in a historical hotel or inn, any recommendations for exceptionally nice ones?
Need Help with Trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 4 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 5 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 6 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 7 RIP Judy Rogers
- 8 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 9 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 10 Boston area
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 23 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 Train from Boston to Rockport?