Husband and I plan to rent a car and drive from DC to Gettysburg for a weekend in May or June, spending 2-3 nights in the area. We will probably spend 1-2 days at the battlefield and are looking for suggestions for lodging and additional sightseeing. We spend lots of time in DC so want to focus this trip on area outside the city. We love antiques, quaint old towns and great restaurants. It looks like we definitely should see the town of Gettysburg but any suggestions for which other towns we should check out? We would prefer to stay in a historical hotel or inn, any recommendations for exceptionally nice ones?
Need Help with Trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 2 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 5 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 6 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 7 Charleston, SC help
- 8 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 9 middlebury vt snow
- 10 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?
- 11 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 12 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 13 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 14 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 15 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 16 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 17 Deep South sept 2015
- 18 Self guided White House tour
- 19 Northwest USA
- 20 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 21 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 22 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 23 Portland, OR hotel question
- 24 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 25 san diego or nearby area