Husband and I plan to rent a car and drive from DC to Gettysburg for a weekend in May or June, spending 2-3 nights in the area. We will probably spend 1-2 days at the battlefield and are looking for suggestions for lodging and additional sightseeing. We spend lots of time in DC so want to focus this trip on area outside the city. We love antiques, quaint old towns and great restaurants. It looks like we definitely should see the town of Gettysburg but any suggestions for which other towns we should check out? We would prefer to stay in a historical hotel or inn, any recommendations for exceptionally nice ones?
Need Help with Trip from Washington DC to Gettysburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite Fire
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 4 Lodging - Yosemite
- 5 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 6 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 10 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 11 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 An RV trip along the coast
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 17 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 18 Fancy dining
- 19 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 20 Charlotte restaurant help
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 23 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 24 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs