Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 adams morgan - safety
- 2 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 3 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 4 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 5 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 6 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 7 Grand Marais?
- 8 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 9 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 10 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 11 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 12 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 13 Las Vegas must sees
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley