Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 2 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 3 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Road to Hana
- 6 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 7 Rental Services
- 8 Hawaii is still Hell
- 9 Orlando parks advice
- 10 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 11 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 12 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 15 Maui - Haleakala
- 16 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 17 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 18 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Vegas in mid may
- 21 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 22 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 23 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 24 Texas for art and history lovers
- 25 Albuquerque to Las Vegas