Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 2 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 3 from Moab to Bryce
- 4 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 5 How To Looks Fine
- 6 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 7 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 8 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 9 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Taxi from LGA to midtown, best route
- 12 Hana from the aiport
- 13 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 14 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 condo in Florida for 2016?
- 18 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 19 Big Island touring – clockwise best?
- 20 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 21 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 22 San Diego-Hotel
- 23 Los Angeles day trips
- 24 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report