Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 Wedding venue in NH
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 11 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Alaska
- 15 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 16 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 17 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 18 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 19 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 20 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 23 Universal studios/Orlando
- 24 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 25 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?