Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Long Weekend Great Smoky Mountains, March 2014, Gatlinburg
- 4 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 5 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 6 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 11 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 12 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 15 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 16 Brooklyn why?
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 19 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 20 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 21 New York City Restaurants
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 25 Maui vacation