Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 2 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 3 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 4 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 5 Chicago trip
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 9 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 12 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 13 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 14 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 15 Santa Barbara, California
- 16 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 20 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 21 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 California road trip
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around