Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 2 New York City-New Things?
- 3 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Alaska Trip Planning
- 7 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 8 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 9 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 10 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 11 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 12 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 13 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 14 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 17 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 18 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 19 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 22 Kid School Admission
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Southern Alabama trip report