Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
View all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 2 Warm and don't Drive
- 3 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 4 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 5 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Savanah Sojourn
- 8 St. Augustine, Florida
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 11 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 12 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 16 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 17 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 18 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 24 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 25 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!