Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 2 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 3 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 4 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 5 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 6 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 9 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 10 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 11 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 12 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 13 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 14 New York Trip
- 15 Balloon fest hotels
- 16 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 17 Houston in September
- 18 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 19 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 20 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 21 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 22 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 23 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 24 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 25 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water