Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 2 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 3 Vegas hotels for families
- 4 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 5 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 6 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 7 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 10 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 11 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 12 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 13 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 19 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 20 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 21 Hilton Midtown New York
- 22 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 Tour companies
- 25 NYC Neighbourhoods