Am planning another trip and am calling on Fodorites to help with the planning (again!) We want to go to Glacier NP in August '13 and I am overwhelmed. Should we begin west entrance or east? Kalispell looks easy, Is Calgary too far? (direct flight from Texas) Is Great Falls a better airport choice? Reviews suggest that the east side of the park is more scenic. We are active seniors, like short hikes and boat trips and can overdose on great scenery! Does the red bus drive the entire Going to the Sun road? Is day or 1/2 day better?Would it be better to drive ourselves?Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. As you can see, I am confused!!!!
Need help with itinerary, hotels & other Glacier National Park info
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast Road Trip
- 2 West Coast Road Trip
- 3 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 4 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 5 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 6 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 7 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 8 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 9 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 10 Car Needed in Austin?
- 11 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 12 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 13 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 15 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 16 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 Maui itinerary
- 19 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 20 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids