I'd love some help with a preliminary itinerary to the Hudson River Valley. I'd like to spend 6 nights and need advice on how best to arrive, where to rent a car, and how to pace the trip. We're from Austin, TX, so am wondering if I should just fly to LaGuardia and rent a car, or if its better to take a train from NYC to a stop in the lower valley, rent a car and proceed. We'd like to tour FDR site, eat at CIA if possible, eat well, see some art, visit a winery, maybe see a play, really, just enjoy a "best of" the valley trip. I'd like to spend a couple of nights in Rhinebeck, but am not sure where else to sleep. I've read some other posts and there seems to be alot of worthy stops. Any ideas on pacing/transportation/priorities welcomed.
Need help with Hudson River Valley itinerary
- 1 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 2 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 3 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 4 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 5 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 6 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 7 Small Sofas
- 8 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Trying To Find a Place
- 11 romantic colorado trip
- 12 Fourth of July Weekend
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Fires in Colorado
- 15 Marcola?
- 16 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 17 Updates from Hanalei
- 18 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 19 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 20 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 23 One day in NYC
- 24 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 25 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone