I'd love some help with a preliminary itinerary to the Hudson River Valley. I'd like to spend 6 nights and need advice on how best to arrive, where to rent a car, and how to pace the trip. We're from Austin, TX, so am wondering if I should just fly to LaGuardia and rent a car, or if its better to take a train from NYC to a stop in the lower valley, rent a car and proceed. We'd like to tour FDR site, eat at CIA if possible, eat well, see some art, visit a winery, maybe see a play, really, just enjoy a "best of" the valley trip. I'd like to spend a couple of nights in Rhinebeck, but am not sure where else to sleep. I've read some other posts and there seems to be alot of worthy stops. Any ideas on pacing/transportation/priorities welcomed.
Need help with Hudson River Valley itinerary
- 1 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 2 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 3 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 4 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 5 California, Northern
- 6 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 9 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 10 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 11 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 12 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 13 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 14 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 15 Seatlle, WA
- 16 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 17 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 18 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 19 Memphis Tours
- 20 Newport, RI Questions
- 21 Meredith New Hampshire
- 22 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 23 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 24 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 25 Pick up north of Boston Logan