We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 2 California coast: April
- 3 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 4 A Week in Seattle & the Pacific NW
- 5 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 6 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 9 Road Trip
- 10 Whale watching
- 11 New York Yankee Station
- 12 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 13 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 14 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 15 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 16 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 17 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 18 September trip to Michigan
- 19 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 20 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 23 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 24 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 25 Stubhub and NFL Tickets