We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Road Trip
- 2 Long Island Advice
- 3 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 4 Christmas in TX
- 5 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 6 Colorado aspen updates
- 7 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 8 San Diego locals-can you advise?
- 9 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 10 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 13 Tucson area flooding
- 14 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 17 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 18 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 19 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 20 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 21 Boston suggestions
- 22 California
- 23 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 24 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 25 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??