We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 4 Hotel near Miami airport
- 5 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 6 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 7 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 8 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 11 Chicago trip
- 12 NYC IN AUGUST
- 13 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 14 culpepper
- 15 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Fancy dining
- 18 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 19 Will have five days in Savannah
- 20 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 21 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 22 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 23 Itinerary opinions
- 24 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 25 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living