We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
- 1 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 2 Using public transit in San Diego
- 3 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 4 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 5 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 6 Seward to Anchorage
- 7 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 8 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 9 Car trip from Seattle
- 10 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 11 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 12 Newport, RI Questions
- 13 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 14 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 15 Savannah restaurants
- 16 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 17 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 20 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 21 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 22 Retiring in Colorado
- 23 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 24 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 25 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake