We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 2 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 3 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 7 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 8 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 9 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 10 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 11 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 West Maui Restaurants
- 16 San Diego Little Italy
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 21 Key West Hotel in January
- 22 Healdsburg tips
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 los angeles restaurants