We have never been to New England during the fall so my husband and I are excited about a trip to that area this year. Reading about all the drives, beautiful foliage, towns, inns, and food on this forum is almost overwhelming! We will fly into and out of Manchester, NH or Boston. We have 6 touring days plus 2 travel days and plan to arrive between Oct 1st and 4th. We plan to see Boston (1 day) and then drive along the coast to Portland then head inland. That's where our plan stops. We may not get to come back to this area so we don't know whether to try to "see it all' or concentrate on a couple of areas. We read that the area around Rangely, ME is pretty. We know we want to visit the White Mtn area, but which routes are best? (Where to stay?) We also read that the drive to Pittsburg, NH is pretty and we might see a moose. From the White Mtns we think the logical drive would be to Stowe, VT then south on Hwy 100 to connect with Hwy 7 to head to the Green Mtns. To finish our trip, is there a must-see drive in Connecticut? is this circle possible or too ambitious? Thanks for your suggestions!
Need help with fall foliage circle drive from Boston to Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 2 Grand Marais?
- 3 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 4 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 5 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 6 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 7 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 8 Barrow Alaska
- 9 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 10 Salt Lake City
- 11 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 12 Park City Utah
- 13 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Maine in latter half of September
- 16 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 17 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 18 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 19 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 20 Colorado trip
- 21 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 22 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 23 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 24 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 25 Alaska- Best tours