We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 General Utah planning questions
- 5 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 6 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 9 Boston area -- nature
- 10 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March