We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 3 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 4 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 5 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 6 Maui vacation
- 7 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 12 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 17 WISCONSIN
- 18 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 19 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 20 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 23 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown