We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 5 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 6 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 7 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 10 San Diego parks and attractions
- 11 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 14 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 21 Visiting Denver
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip