We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 3 Long Weekend Great Smoky Mountains, March 2014, Gatlinburg
- 4 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 5 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 6 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 11 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 12 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 15 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 16 Brooklyn why?
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 19 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 20 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 21 New York City Restaurants
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 25 Maui vacation