We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 2 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 5 Philly
- 6 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 11 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 12 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 13 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 14 Pub with food in Seattle
- 15 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 16 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 17 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 18 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 19 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 20 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 Road Trip SW
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!