We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 2 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 Tampa in February
- 5 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 6 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 9 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 10 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 11 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 12 New England September
- 13 NYC taxi vs car service
- 14 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 15 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 16 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 17 Austin Food Trucks
- 18 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 searching for urban master planned community
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 Condos near Disney World
- 23 family celebration trip
- 24 Deep South sept 2015
- 25 Hawaii Group Travel