We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 3 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 4 Transportation help in Philly
- 5 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 6 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 7 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 8 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 9 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 10 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 11 Temecula< CA
- 12 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 13 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 14 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 15 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 16 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 17 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 20 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 21 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 22 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 23 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 24 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 25 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?