We live in California and are first timers to the east coast. I found low cost flights into BWI and we plan to visit for 8 days in mid-July. We definitely want to visit museums in DC and want to check out Gettysburg in PA and plan to rent a car. Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions or recommendations of what to avoid given high tourist traffic in summer? I know that the question is very broad, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Need Help with East Coast Trip (DC and Civil War, sites, etc)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 2 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 5 palm desert, CA
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 8 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 9 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 10 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 11 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 13 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Houston in September
- 16 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 17 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 18 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 19 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 20 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 New York Trip
- 23 Balloon fest hotels
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast