I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 2 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 3 Maine weather and temps
- 4 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 5 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 6 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 7 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 8 Need help planning....
- 9 L.A. and Sequoia
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 12 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 13 Week motorcycle ride
- 14 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 15 Broadway
- 16 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 17 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 18 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 19 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 20 Not enough time, i guess..
- 21 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 22 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Traveling across the US
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!