I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 3 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 4 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 5 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 8 American Airlines reservation question
- 9 Newport, RI Questions
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 12 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 13 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 14 Car trip from Seattle
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 17 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 18 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 19 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 20 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 21 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 22 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 23 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 24 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 25 Rocks and Roads in Utah