I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.
- 2 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston
- 3 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 4 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 5 HOW TO WEAR: BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS FOR WOMEN
- 6 Romantic destination in the US
- 7 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 8 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 9 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 10 Moving out of states from Florida
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 13 family road trip
- 14 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 17 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 18 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 19 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 20 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 21 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 22 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 23 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 24 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 25 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?