I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 best area to stay in san diego
- 4 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 5 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 6 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 11 Zion to Albuquerque
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 15 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 16 Round trip from Chicago
- 17 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 18 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Quick Trip to NYC
- 25 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas