I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 3 Glacier National Park 2018
- 4 Hawaii wedding
- 5 Driving CA 395
- 6 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 7 Adirondacks trip repot
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 10 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 11 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 12 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 13 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 14 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 15 New England Tour
- 16 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 17 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 18 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 19 Downtown Denver hotel
- 20 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 21 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 22 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 23 San Diego VRBO area
- 24 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 25 Muir Woods in October
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!