I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 2 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 5 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 6 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 7 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 8 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 9 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 10 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 11 Sequoia National Park - Which airport
- 12 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 13 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 14 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 15 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 16 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 17 Lake Powell
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Harlem, NY
- 20 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 21 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 22 Glacier to Banff
- 23 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 24 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 25 NYC hotel/July
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!