I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Best Place to buy a Condo in Florida?
- 4 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 5 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 6 Sonoma
- 7 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 10 101 closure
- 11 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 12 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 13 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 14 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 15 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 16 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 21 Alaska cruise
- 22 New Orleans
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!