I just bought plane tickets on a whim and am so excited to finally see Chicago! My husband and I will be there for 4 nights in June, and my 40th birthday coincides with the Blues Fest! Very, very happy to see Mavis Staples for my bday.
However, I need a bit of help choosing a hotel. The prices are quite steep so I don't want to make a bad decision. Context: we will be attending Blues Fest venues and other shows (we are both musicians) and want to visit some museums (contemporary art) and do a bit of shopping (Sephora, Anthropologie, etc.). We are not trendy hipsters, but do prefer more modern design to overstuffed impersonal hotels.
So, here are the 5 hotels we are looking at (others that we could have chosen are already booked). Please advise on location (bars open at night or in the hotel? close to what we want to see?) and other points I may have forgotten:
Burnham : http://www.burnhamhotel.com/
The James: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Wyndham Blake: http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Fairmount : http://www.jameshotels.com/Chicago.aspx
Millenium Knickerbocker : http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/index.html
Also, I want to make a reservation for my birthday supper. Alinea is a bit over the top (since I'm already going to splurge at Toqué! in Montreal). Other suggestions?
Need help with Chicago hotel (and special restaurant) for my 40th birthday!
- 1 St. Augustine, Florida
- 2 Savanah Sojourn
- 3 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 4 hotel near Met NYC
- 5 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 6 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 7 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 8 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 14 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 15 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 16 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 23 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 24 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 25 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?