We are a family with an 11 year old and a 14 year old, and parents (in their seventies) going to Sitka for a 1 week cruise in Glacier Bay and the northern passage area. We end the cruise in Juneau mid-July, and are looking for places and activites for 5 - 6 days to end our visit. The challenge is finding a place off the beaten path. I have read that July in juneau is crowded. We want to give our kids an experience to remember, not necessarily fighting the crowds. I do not mind driving a bit to another town (2-3 hours) to stay. Can anyone give me advice/suggestions to research? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First time Disney & Legoland hotel suggestions and any advice please
- 2 Fastest Route from Albuquerque to Austin
- 3 Southern Jersey Turnpike area: hotel
- 4 Cross-Country trip advice
- 5 Family Roadtrip from Atlanta in December
- 6 Hiking 'the wave'
- 7 Washington DC
- 8 Montross/Ouray in the rain. Also foliage
- 9 Finding Steve Perry
- 10 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 11 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 12 Chicago Stamina
- 13 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 14 Trip report--Birmingham, Alabama
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 16 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 17 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 18 las vegas anyone
- 19 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 20 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 21 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 22 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 23 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 24 Restaurant Help Needed
- 25 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
Need help with 1 week Anchorage schedule - off the beaten path