We are a family with an 11 year old and a 14 year old, and parents (in their seventies) going to Sitka for a 1 week cruise in Glacier Bay and the northern passage area. We end the cruise in Juneau mid-July, and are looking for places and activites for 5 - 6 days to end our visit. The challenge is finding a place off the beaten path. I have read that July in juneau is crowded. We want to give our kids an experience to remember, not necessarily fighting the crowds. I do not mind driving a bit to another town (2-3 hours) to stay. Can anyone give me advice/suggestions to research? Thank you.
Need help with 1 week Anchorage schedule - off the beaten path
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013