We are a family with an 11 year old and a 14 year old, and parents (in their seventies) going to Sitka for a 1 week cruise in Glacier Bay and the northern passage area. We end the cruise in Juneau mid-July, and are looking for places and activites for 5 - 6 days to end our visit. The challenge is finding a place off the beaten path. I have read that July in juneau is crowded. We want to give our kids an experience to remember, not necessarily fighting the crowds. I do not mind driving a bit to another town (2-3 hours) to stay. Can anyone give me advice/suggestions to research? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 2 Help me with this
- 3 Weather in Chicago
- 4 Road trip around Washington DC
- 5 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 6 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 7 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 8 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 9 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 10 Utah trip Itinerary
- 11 Houston MetroRail
- 12 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 13 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 14 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 15 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 16 Dining in St. Louis
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 19 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 20 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 21 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 22 New Orleans
- 23 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 24 Oregon road trip
- 25 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
Need help with 1 week Anchorage schedule - off the beaten path