Hi All -
I got so much help on the Africa forum last year planning our big trip I've turned to all you guys for suggestions on our next (slightly smaller) adventure.
This year is my parents 60th wedding anniversary (amazing, I know). We want to plan a celebration trip with our whole family and there are a few guidelines I have to stick to.
My folks are 83. THey live in FLorida. THey do not want to go on a cruise or go on an international trip - too far from doctors. Also - between all the different people in my family we've been alot of places.
There will be 10 adults and 2 kids (6 & 8).
Most of us live in CA. LA & SF. My folks can fly here, either LA of SF, but I don't want to do too much driving after that.
It will be a splurge but we are not going on the cheap either.
No ranches as my little niece has very bad allergies.
We want to do this the end of June or first week of July - 3 or 4 day weekend.
Ojai Valley Inn is gorgeous but might end up costing too much.
I would llike some suggestion in Santa Barbara area, Napa or Sonoma area, Tahoe, or San Diego. Don't know much about Northern Northern California but would consider it if acess is easy.
Golf & Spa is good but should have alot of kids activities as well.
We really just want to spend time together -
we are a family that actually likes each other but we are so spread out and we know that we won't have too many more opportunities to celebrate their big anniversaries.
Need Help planning big family trip in California
Hi All -
- 1 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 2 build a nice website
- 3 Red Leather Sofa
- 4 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 5 Albuquerque to Denver
- 6 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 7 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 8 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 9 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 10 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 13 Williamsburg VA
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 A Visit to Charleston
- 16 Restos in Boca Raton
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 19 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 20 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 21 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 22 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 25 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake