Hi. My wife and I plan on visiting Yosemite National Park and Wine Country this summer. We love easy hikes, wildlife, beautiful views, nice hotels (within reason), and nice restaurants (also within reason). Would appreciate help in planning our trip from where to stay, how many nights at each, and where to go. Planning on 7 nights in mid July. Plan on renting a car. Last year we did Yellowstone and had a great time following the great advice from Trip Advisor followers. We were able to fit in 4 nights in Yellowstone and 3 nights in Jackson Hole. Had plenty of time to enjoy Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Jackson Hole. Again, I wouldn't of been able to do it without your help. The drives were scenic, the hotels were outstanding, the views were amazing, the wildlife was amazning...everything about it was amazing. I'm hoping for the same in Yosemite. I am thinking of staying right in the park for 3-4 nights and then heading to Wine Country for 3-4 depending on what you may suggest. We have been to California before for a 2 week coastal trip. Started in San Diego and ended up in San Fran. It was a great trip. Loved Monterey and San Fran. Wouldn't mind stopping at Monterey or San Fran if you suggest. Never had the time to stop in Wine Country because the kids wouldn't have appreciated that. However, now we can so your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Warren.
Need help planning a trip to Yosemite and Wine Country, California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley