I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://advancedtrimsite.com/lux-derma-cream/
- 2 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/nitric-surge/
- 3 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 4 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 5 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 7 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 8 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 11 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 12 Redwoods National Park
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 15 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 16 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 17 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 18 New Mexico in May
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 21 Traveling Alone
- 22 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 23 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 24 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 25 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?