I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 4 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 5 Seward without a car
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 8 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 9 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 11 flagstaff
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 14 sugestions
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 16 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 17 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 18 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 19 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 20 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 21 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 22 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 23 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 24 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 25 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???