I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Need Help for Alaska Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 2 5 week in US/Mexico
- 3 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 4 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 5 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 6 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 7 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 10 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 Washington, DC to Boston
- 14 New Orleans Weekend
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 17 San Diego Trip Report
- 18 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 19 rain in Kauai
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 22 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 23 WISCONSIN
- 24 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint