I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthflyup.com/skin-opulent/
- 2 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 3 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 4 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 5 Hawaii Help
- 6 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 7 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 8 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 9 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 10 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 11 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 12 Florida keys trip
- 13 HAWAII; HELP!
- 14 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 15 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 16 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 17 Coffee in Boston?
- 18 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 19 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 20 Change planes in Atlanta
- 21 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 24 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 25 Florida beach vacation