I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Need Help for Alaska Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 9 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Denver in a half day
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL