I am planning a trip to Alaska July or August 2012 and need advice, please!
I am a middle-aged woman, who will be traveling solo. I'd like to spend a week (Sa-Sa, probably). What I want to do is fish (charter/party boat, but riverside fishing would be great, too), light hiking, a glacier boat tour, and perhaps some kayaking, as well as general sightseeing a driving around.
A friend advises Seward, but I've found nice places to stay in Homer and Whittier. I would prefer to have one location as my "base" for the duration of the trip, either at a upscale hotel or condo/vacation home rental.
Is any one of these locations better than the other for meeting all this criteria? I will be flying into Anchorage and renting a car.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 2 Which island for R&R?
- 3 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 6 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 7 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 8 http://www.replennagereviews.com/tvolve-facts/
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 12 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 13 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 14 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 15 San Antonio shopping
- 16 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 17 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 18 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 19 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 20 First Trip to New Mexico
- 21 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 22 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 23 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 24 blue ridge parkway?
- 25 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...