We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 2 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 3 Help with Northwest Trip
- 4 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 5 Orlando area weather in June
- 6 "Fitness" vacations
- 7 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 8 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 9 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 10 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 11 Boston Food Tour
- 12 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 13 Help plan my trip please
- 14 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 15 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 16 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 17 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 18 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 19 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 20 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 21 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 22 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 23 Fort Smith to Memphis roadtrip.. need advice!
- 24 Ready for Oregon -- tell me about Eugene: hikes and lunch?
- 25 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?