We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 2 Northwest Car Trip
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 6 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 7 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 8 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 9 Northwest Passage
- 10 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 11 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 14 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 15 Sonoma
- 16 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 18 Alaska cruise
- 19 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 101 closure
- 22 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 23 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 24 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 25 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn