We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 2 Grand Canyon to LA
- 3 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 4 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 5 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 6 Where to stay in NYC
- 7 Death Valley
- 8 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 11 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 12 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 13 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 14 Nashville 2016
- 15 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 16 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 17 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 18 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 19 Colorado - Photography
- 20 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 21 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 22 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 23 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 24 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 25 motorcycle ride