We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Need Hawaii trip advice
- 1 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 2 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 3 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 8 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 9 Biloxi questions again
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 12 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 13 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 14 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 20 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 21 Vero Beach FL
- 22 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 23 Question about Boulder area
- 24 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 25 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?