We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Need Hawaii trip advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 2 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 3 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 10 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 11 Alaska
- 12 First family ski trip
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 15 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 16 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 San Diego grocery stores
- 25 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah