We have two kids ages 10 and 16 and want to visit two islands the last week in June and first week in July; this will be our first trip to Hawaii. In a previous effort to do this trip 4 years ago I had planned Big Island (Marriott Waikolea) and Kauai (Hyatt Grand)....we don't like high rises, like 4-5 start hotels/inns and prefer more natural settings and want to feel like we are in Hawaii and not in disney (we are not disney fans Are these still good choices? I'm just starting to research again. Also was thinking of flying to the big island first for 5 nights or so and then Kauai for maybe 4 nights? We will definitely want to see Volcano National Park, any reccs on where to stay near there? We like nice resorts with authentic feel and stuff for kids. Thanks for your advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 2 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 3 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 4 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 costco Big island
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 9 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 10 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 11 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 12 Wedding gifts?
- 13 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 14 Seattle?
- 15 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 16 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 17 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 18 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 21 Layover
- 22 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 23 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 24 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 25 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.