Greetings from Italy.
I am planning a trip to deep South for January 2015.
I will be flying out from Milan to Charlotte NC via Toronto with Air Canada and will fly out from New Orleans to Milan always via Toronto with Air Canada on my way back.
I plan to visit and stop in Charleston SC, Savannah GA, St. Augustine FL, Apalachicola FL, Mobile AL, New Orleans and Natchez MS.
Now my question is: is it a scenic drive from Mobile to Natchez via route nr 98 and nr 84 or is it better to continue to New Orleans and drive from there to Natchez ? we plan to stay in Natchez one night only. I have seen thai I could also drive a little more and take US49 from Gulfort or Biloxi.
And by the way, what do you think of my itinerary? We plan to land in Charlotte on January 10 and depart from Nola on January 20 in the evening. We love panoramic routes, nature, landscapes and little villages more than big towns and enjoy good food and wine.
Thank you and kind regards from a sunny Valsolda
P.S.We would have also another option. Fly to Charleston SC via New york with Delta from Milan but I have been told to avoid New York airports in January because of snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 3 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 4 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 5 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 6 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 7 US whole month of January where to
- 8 Miami airport--safety??
- 9 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 10 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 11 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 12 Things to do in Toronto
- 13 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 14 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 15 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 18 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 19 Dinosaur National Monument
- 20 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 21 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 22 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 23 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 24 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 25 Maui - luau question
Need advise on route to Natchez from the coast and on my itinerary
Greetings from Italy.