Later this month, we are scheduled to fly into Oakland, spend a couple of nights in SF, then a couple in Yosemite, then one in San Simeon, then three in Monterey, and a final night in Oakland (near the airport). My understanding is that Route 1 is, and very likely still will be, closed between San Simeon and Monterey/Carmel. Could someone confirm that? ... and if that is correct, we are wondering if it will be worth it to drive around from San Simeon (where we'd tour the Hearst Castle) to Monterey, or should we skip San Simeon? If we do skip it, would it be practical to visit Kings Canyon and/or Sequoia with that extra day? Any advice would be appreciated.
Need Advice on Upcoming Trip - SF to Yosemite to Monterey
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 2 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 8 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 17 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 18 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 22 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 23 Door County Suggestions
- 24 First family ski trip
- 25 New Hampshire Itinerary