Later this month, we are scheduled to fly into Oakland, spend a couple of nights in SF, then a couple in Yosemite, then one in San Simeon, then three in Monterey, and a final night in Oakland (near the airport). My understanding is that Route 1 is, and very likely still will be, closed between San Simeon and Monterey/Carmel. Could someone confirm that? ... and if that is correct, we are wondering if it will be worth it to drive around from San Simeon (where we'd tour the Hearst Castle) to Monterey, or should we skip San Simeon? If we do skip it, would it be practical to visit Kings Canyon and/or Sequoia with that extra day? Any advice would be appreciated.
Need Advice on Upcoming Trip - SF to Yosemite to Monterey
View all United States activity »
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 3 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 4 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 5 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 St. Augustine, Florida
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 San Antonio
- 12 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Where should I move to?
- 15 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 16 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 17 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 18 Fripp island
- 19 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 20 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 21 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 22 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 25 Hollywood with 17yr old son