Later this month, we are scheduled to fly into Oakland, spend a couple of nights in SF, then a couple in Yosemite, then one in San Simeon, then three in Monterey, and a final night in Oakland (near the airport). My understanding is that Route 1 is, and very likely still will be, closed between San Simeon and Monterey/Carmel. Could someone confirm that? ... and if that is correct, we are wondering if it will be worth it to drive around from San Simeon (where we'd tour the Hearst Castle) to Monterey, or should we skip San Simeon? If we do skip it, would it be practical to visit Kings Canyon and/or Sequoia with that extra day? Any advice would be appreciated.
Need Advice on Upcoming Trip - SF to Yosemite to Monterey
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH