Will be flying into Grand Rapids this Thursday. Would like to drive the coastline route up to Frankfort but am not sure how slow this will be and what kind of traffic I will encounter since it is around the 4th of July holiday. From Frankfort, need to go to Traverse City but would like to see part of Sleeping Bear Dunes on the way. Again, this means maybe a slower route, and more traffic to get to Traverse City. Has anyone driven the coastline routes as compared to the faster/easier routes to get to these destinations and is it worth it? This will probably be the only time we see Michigan, however, we don't want to spend our entire time driving on 2 lane roads that may move too slow. Please advise.
Need Advice on Routes from Grand Rapids/Frankfort/Traverse City
- 1 Albuquerque to Denver
- 2 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 D.C. in a day
- 5 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 6 Door County
- 7 10 Days in Maine
- 8 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 9 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 Boston Area College Tour
- 14 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 15 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 16 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 17 A Visit to Charleston
- 18 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 19 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 20 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 21 Help with NYC transit
- 22 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 23 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 24 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 25 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles