Will be flying into Grand Rapids this Thursday. Would like to drive the coastline route up to Frankfort but am not sure how slow this will be and what kind of traffic I will encounter since it is around the 4th of July holiday. From Frankfort, need to go to Traverse City but would like to see part of Sleeping Bear Dunes on the way. Again, this means maybe a slower route, and more traffic to get to Traverse City. Has anyone driven the coastline routes as compared to the faster/easier routes to get to these destinations and is it worth it? This will probably be the only time we see Michigan, however, we don't want to spend our entire time driving on 2 lane roads that may move too slow. Please advise.
Need Advice on Routes from Grand Rapids/Frankfort/Traverse City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 2 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 3 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 4 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 5 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 8 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 9 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 10 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 13 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 14 ONP help
- 15 NYC Clubs for live music
- 16 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 17 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 18 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 19 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 20 Seattle Hyatts
- 21 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 22 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 23 Coastal New England Road trip
- 24 Seattle: Something Different?
- 25 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter