Will be flying into Grand Rapids this Thursday. Would like to drive the coastline route up to Frankfort but am not sure how slow this will be and what kind of traffic I will encounter since it is around the 4th of July holiday. From Frankfort, need to go to Traverse City but would like to see part of Sleeping Bear Dunes on the way. Again, this means maybe a slower route, and more traffic to get to Traverse City. Has anyone driven the coastline routes as compared to the faster/easier routes to get to these destinations and is it worth it? This will probably be the only time we see Michigan, however, we don't want to spend our entire time driving on 2 lane roads that may move too slow. Please advise.
Need Advice on Routes from Grand Rapids/Frankfort/Traverse City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 2 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 3 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 4 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 5 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 6 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 7 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 8 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 9 Hawaii
- 10 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 11 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 12 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 15 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 16 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 17 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 18 River Cafe
- 19 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 20 San Francisco Transportation tips from Lombard Street!?
- 21 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 22 What are favorite small and large NYC restaurants?
- 23 We are going to Hawaii in October, have some questions:
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas