Will be flying into Grand Rapids this Thursday. Would like to drive the coastline route up to Frankfort but am not sure how slow this will be and what kind of traffic I will encounter since it is around the 4th of July holiday. From Frankfort, need to go to Traverse City but would like to see part of Sleeping Bear Dunes on the way. Again, this means maybe a slower route, and more traffic to get to Traverse City. Has anyone driven the coastline routes as compared to the faster/easier routes to get to these destinations and is it worth it? This will probably be the only time we see Michigan, however, we don't want to spend our entire time driving on 2 lane roads that may move too slow. Please advise.
Need Advice on Routes from Grand Rapids/Frankfort/Traverse City
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 West Coast Bound End of March
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 5 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 6 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 7 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 8 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 9 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 10 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 11 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 12 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Best places to move to Florida?
- 15 Juneau May 8th
- 16 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 22 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 23 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 24 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 25 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona