We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 2 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 3 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 4 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 5 US Trip
- 6 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 7 Bryce and Zion planning
- 8 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 9 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 10 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 11 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 14 Ohio to NYC
- 15 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 16 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 17 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 18 4 days road trip southern New England
- 19 Philly Itinerary Help
- 20 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 21 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 22 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Boston with baby
- 25 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio