We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Binary Trust Method Review.Is it legit ?and sucesful?
- 2 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 3 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 4 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 5 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 6 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 9 November redwoods trip
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 12 Which island for R&R?
- 13 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 14 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 15 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 16 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 17 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 18 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 19 Yellowstone
- 20 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 21 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 22 San Antonio shopping
- 23 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 24 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 25 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?