We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 2 limited mobility for Savannah
- 3 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 4 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 5 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 8 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 9 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 10 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 15 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 16 Northwest Car Trip
- 17 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 18 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 19 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 22 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 25 Maui Bed and Breakfast