We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 2 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 3 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 4 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 5 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 6 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 7 I95
- 8 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 9 Wine Country
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 San Francisco first visit.
- 12 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 13 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 14 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 15 Hawaii Help
- 16 Renting a car with DWAI
- 17 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 18 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 19 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 20 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 21 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 22 Yellowstone in early May
- 23 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 24 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 25 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs