We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthinnovgroup.com/metabo-slimax-reviews/
- 2 4 Useful Weight Loss Foods You Actually
- 3 Grand Canyon hike
- 4 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 5 Florida apartments/condos?
- 6 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 7 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 8 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 9 Washington DC to Orlando
- 10 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 11 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
- 12 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 13 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 14 Rental car question
- 15 Yosemite places to eat in half dome village
- 16 Island Hopping. Need #1 things to do on each island.
- 17 Travel from Lee Vining To Murphy California
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 19 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 20 South Beach in October
- 21 Any suggestions about portable WIFI devices in the US?
- 22 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 23 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 24 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 25 Live theater in the PNW/BC in October?