We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 2 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 Great OR beach house locations?
- 5 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 6 San Francisco transit options
- 7 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 8 IAH to HOU Questions
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 11 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 12 Honeymoon on PCH
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 15 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 16 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 17 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 18 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 19 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 20 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 21 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 22 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 23 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area