We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 2 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 3 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 4 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 5 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 6 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 7 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 8 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 11 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 12 Cape cod Labor Day
- 13 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 14 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 15 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 16 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 17 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 18 US Open Tennis
- 19 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 20 Hotels in San Diego
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 23 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 24 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 25 Los Angeles Indefinitely