We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Need advice on Chicago hotels
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 2 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 16 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 17 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 18 Visiting Denver
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando