We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Need advice on Chicago hotels
- 1 Fires in Colorado
- 2 National Parks?
- 3 Hotels in New Orleans
- 4 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 5 Seattle in July
- 6 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 7 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 8 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
- 9 Circular road trip for 8 days from New York including Niagra Falls
- 10 Kauai Timeshare Recommendations
- 11 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 12 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 13 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 14 Columbus food !
- 15 Blue ridge parkway
- 16 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 17 Riverwalk Restaurant near the Alamo San Antonio
- 18 Great Beach's
- 19 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 20 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 21 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 22 Death Valley in November
- 23 Los Angeles to Santa Fe, NM: Take I-40 or I-10?
- 24 Road Trip from Tahoe to the Tetons and Yellowstone
- 25 Newseum: Anyone been to the JFK Exhibits