We're planning a short stay in Chicago in October (4 days) and I'm looking for some hotel advice. We've only been there once before and stayed at the Fitgerald which I believe is now part of another chain (Affinia, maybe).
We'd like to be in a nice, safe part of town because we like to walk. The Fitzgerald was a good location for us but I don't know Chicago very well so I'm open to other ideas.
I'd like to stay under $200/night if possible. A friend of mine booked the Marriott for $150 on Priceline but I've never tried Priceline or Hotwire and don't feel I know the city well enough to try it. However, I notice that Expedia now offers a Hotwire opportunity on their own website. The areas mentioned on that list are these (I've left off the airport locations):
Chicago Loop - Millenium Park - Grant Park
North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast
Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field
Magnificent Mile area - Streeterville
West Loop - Medical District - UIC
South Chicago - Hyde Park
For example, they're currently showing a 4-star hotel for $197 in the North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast area.
Which of these areas do you think would be good for us? And would a 4-star under $200 be a good deal, do you think?
I'd appreciate your comments on the above or any other hotel advice you can give me.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Vegas with toddler twins
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 Traveling Alone
- 6 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 7 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 8 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 9 Arizona in late January
- 10 New Mexico in May
- 11 Las Vegas Vacation
- 12 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 13 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 14 disneyland
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 17 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 18 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 19 OHare car service north suburbs
- 20 California Coast in January
- 21 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 22 Key West
- 23 Currency and hotels
- 24 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 25 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip