I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 9 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Denver in a half day
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL