I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Northwest USA
- 4 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 5 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 6 Hotels Philly
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 9 Texas
- 10 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 15 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 16 LA for a day and a half
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 19 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 20 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 25 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!