I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 4 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 5 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 9 Colorado Skiing
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 12 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 13 san fran sightseeing
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 16 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 17 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 18 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 19 charlotte
- 20 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 21 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 22 New York City in April
- 23 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 24 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 25 Yellowstone in the winter?