I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 2 Where to stay for one night between Cleveland and Toledo?
- 3 Where to from Tampa?
- 4 Is the New York subway safe?
- 5 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 6 Chicago Questions
- 7 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 8 Top Resorts in Hawaii
- 9 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 10 Round trip from Chicago
- 11 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 12 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 13 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 14 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 19 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 20 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 21 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 22 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 23 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 24 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 25 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!