I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 2 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 3 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 West Maui Restaurants
- 6 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 7 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 8 New Orleans Motel Question
- 9 Getting to Key West
- 10 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 11 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 13 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 14 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 15 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 16 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 17 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 18 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 19 Happy Hour
- 20 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 21 road trip Houston-NJ
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 24 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 25 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast