I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 4 Boston/Fenway park
- 5 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 6 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 7 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 8 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 9 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 13 Timeshare Nightmares
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 18 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 19 Sacramento GTG
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 22 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 23 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 24 Dauphin Island, AL
- 25 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall