I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Oregon Road Trip
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Newport Restaurants
- 14 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 15 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 16 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 17 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 18 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 19 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 Question About Sealodge
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 24 Fairbanks Alaska
- 25 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?