I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 8 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 9 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 A day in Dallas
- 14 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 15 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Door County Suggestions
- 18 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 19 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 20 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 21 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 22 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 23 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings