I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 West Maui Restaurants
- 3 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 4 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 5 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 6 Key West Hotel in January
- 7 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 9 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 14 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 15 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 16 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 17 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 San Diego Little Italy
- 20 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 21 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 22 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 23 Healdsburg tips
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 los angeles restaurants