I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
- 1 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 2 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 5 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 6 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 7 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 8 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 9 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 12 Minneapolis Hotel
- 13 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 14 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 15 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 16 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 17 Washington Wineries
- 18 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 19 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 20 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 21 Seward to Anchorage
- 22 California, Northern
- 23 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 24 New York City Parking
- 25 JFK to Upper West Side by subway