I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
View all United States activity »
- 1 US Travel Clubs
- 2 Hotel near Public Theater
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 8 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 9 San Antonio
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 14 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Oahu Information
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 21 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 22 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 One day in Washington DC
- 25 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!