I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Apartment Rentals DC
- 2 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 3 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 6 Zion to Albuquerque
- 7 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 8 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 11 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 12 Vegas hotels for families
- 13 Round trip from Chicago
- 14 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 15 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 16 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 17 Tour companies
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 Quick Trip to NYC
- 22 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 23 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 24 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?