I'm beginning to plan a trip west for summer 2013. We live in Connecticut. My kids will be 15 and 11. We have about 24 days budgeted. My initial plan is to fly in to Salt Lake City, then drive north to the Tetons and Yellowstone, followed by a 13-hour drive to Tahoe before going to San Francisco, Monterey, Los Angeles and San Diego. From there we'd go to Vegas, Sedona, Grand Canyon, St. George and Zion or Bryce before returning to Salt Lake. Is this too ambitious a plan for 3+ weeks? It's about 3,100 miles not including driving at destinations. I don't see us getting back out west before my oldest heads to college, so I'm trying to pack everything in. Any advice for how many days to spend at each stop? I'd also love to see Yosemite, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde, but I don't think we have the time. Anything else we should scope out along the way?
Need advice for trip to west
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 2 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 3 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 4 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 5 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 6 Is the New York subway safe?
- 7 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 8 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 9 Skiing New Mexico
- 10 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 11 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 12 Where to from Tampa?
- 13 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 14 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 15 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 16 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 17 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 18 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 19 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 20 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 21 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 22 Chicago Questions
- 23 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 24 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 25 Accommodations in Floriday keys