Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
need advice for NY to PHOENIX 10-day drive
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Alaska
- 5 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 6 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 7 Universal studios/Orlando
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 10 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings