Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 2 Maine weather and temps
- 3 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 4 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 5 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 6 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 7 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 8 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 9 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 10 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 11 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 12 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 13 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 14 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 15 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 16 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 17 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 18 Alcatrez sold out
- 19 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 20 WA to CT
- 21 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 22 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 23 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 24 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 25 Hawaii with 2 young teens