Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 2 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 3 http://smileprodirectsite.com/regenes-lift/
- 4 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 5 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 6 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 7 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 8 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 9 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 10 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 11 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 12 Pacific coast road trip
- 13 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 14 My son's first day in New York
- 15 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 16 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 17 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 18 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 19 Looking for rustic secluded cabins/yurts in midwest
- 20 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 21 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 22 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 23 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 24 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 25 Southern Cali itinerary help