Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy MyHep All
- 2 Buy Velpanat
- 3 Las Vegas trip report
- 4 How much cash do you travel with?
- 5 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 sugestions
- 10 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 11 Boston area hotels
- 12 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 13 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 14 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 15 Santa Fe Itineray
- 16 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 17 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 18 Quick road trip
- 19 What to request?
- 20 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 21 How much cash do you travel with?
- 22 Miami for 2 days
- 23 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 24 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 25 Oregon Coast road trip