Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
need advice for NY to PHOENIX 10-day drive
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Camp in Maine
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 7 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?