Driving cross country is something I've always wanted to do.
I have to be in Phoenix the first week of August.
I would like to take around 10 days to make the drive from New York City to Phoenix.
The two "adult drivers" (myself included) are in our 30's but there would be two teenagers (17 and 18 years old) on the trip as well.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any advice on a possible route, day-by-day driving itinerary, (safe) places to see and (safe) places to stay. (plan to drive a rental... hostels welcome to keep price down).
Thank you for any time and help you can give!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 2 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 3 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 4 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 5 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 6 Bryce and Zion planning
- 7 Country Walkers
- 8 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 9 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 10 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 11 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 12 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 13 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 14 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 15 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 16 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 17 Places to stay in Skagway
- 18 Hilo to Kona
- 19 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 20 Maui - luau question
- 21 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 22 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report
- 23 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 24 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 25 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017